Which e-drums do you reccomend?

leontanko

hey guys, first post. yup, same old problem as always. drummer + hdb flat + no $ to soundproof room.

so E-drums it is! the rolands seem way to expensive, and my budget is about 1k$ give or take a little bit. (still a student sooooo money is abit of a problem)

searched through the forums and have seen a few relatively still affordable sets. wondering if you guys could give me any advice or reviews(like if they break easily) and choices you will make on these few sets. yup! or if anyone knows of a cheaper/same price but reliable set, feel free to contribute!

medelli 506
Yamaha DTXpress III STD
Traps E450
Yamaha DTXPRESS II
Yamaha DTXPLORER

so far i got these few. and the yamaha DTXpress III seems best,but its quite expensive. even second hand. (listened on youtube etc.) any thoughts? also i would prefer those with mesh-heads/wiring like the Traps E450, but there are hardly any videos on it on youtube, so i do not know if its reliable or not.(sounds good? hardy?) so yea, i desperately need advice! thanks!:D

Last edited:
Maybe u can consider an alesis as well, their dm6 kit is quite affodable, do let us know yr final decision again, you can buy alesis from sinemax, friendly ppl there, have fun drumming :D

yea, looked it up on youtube. it seems fine. but id really want the meshing. ): if not its just like playing rock band. haha. do you have any idea what price is the alesis?

edit: i just saw the price. 995$? and thats without the throne and the pedals right. ): then itll be quite expensive.

Last edited:
hey there! hmm i think if you're really into gettin mesh heads and cant afford roland, you can try pintech, theres a dealer for pintech in some music school at orchard delfi beside orchard hotel. im sure theres some youtube videos on pintech as well. All the best! Cheers!

alright thanks! i will check them out. and its not that im really into meshings. i just dont want to be like playing rock band. might as well buy the game on my xbox. haha

Last edited:
hey guys, first post. yup, same old problem as always. drummer + hdb flat + no $ to soundproof room.

so E-drums it is! the rolands seem way to expensive, and my budget is about 1k$ give or take a little bit. (still a student sooooo money is abit of a problem)

searched through the forums and have seen a few relatively still affordable sets. wondering if you guys could give me any advice or reviews(like if they break easily) and choices you will make on these few sets. yup! or if anyone knows of a cheaper/same price but reliable set, feel free to contribute!

medelli 506
Yamaha DTXpress III STD
Traps E450
Yamaha DTXPRESS II
Yamaha DTXPLORER

so far i got these few. and the yamaha DTXpress III seems best,but its quite expensive. even second hand. (listened on youtube etc.) any thoughts? also i would prefer those with mesh-heads/wiring like the Traps E450, but there are hardly any videos on it on youtube, so i do not know if its reliable or not.(sounds good? hardy?) so yea, i desperately need advice! thanks!:D

where can i get a medeli e drum

nono. i WANT meshings.i agree with the better feel. but if the diff in price is like a few 100 bucks.. then of course ill go for the cheaper rubbers? if they are cheaper. ^o) not sure. haha. yea thanks! i will check them out too. going to paradiz + parklane today to check out some music stores. will update.

e drum

so howd you find it? the sound, quality and everything. and how much did it cost? thanks!

U asking abt the medeli drums dat i bought? Im actuali more of a guitar player rather than a drummer so i cant reli comment much but ok here goes:

I bought it for practise/recording project purpose hav not let any pro drummer test it out yet as my little practise space is onli halfway done.

I got my partner-in-crime fren who is a great guitarist/average drummer tagged along to test out several differnt brands @ several shops dat day & in our opinion we find medeli value for money it is wayy better than the cheapest roland kit($1k+) dat sweelee was selling-built & soundwise. I cant recall hw much the medeli cost+stool(abt $1050 maybe) but i do remember we got a $50 discount after bargaining with the sales lady ;)
u need to get ur own amp tho..
But if u reli dig mesh heds, save up some moolah & go for the yamaha or roland sets(both arnd 4k+ region) they sound superb!!

So for the medeli u cld either go down ranking to try or be the 1st pro drummer to come down my place eastside to try. no prob.. :)

wow thanks dude. youve been really helpful. haha. im thinking of the alesis dm6 though. the second hands ive looked at are very expensive.

Back