That pedal you wish you never had splashed your money on.

it was a last-minute decision. my early days as a guitarist and performer :lol: Had some unknown brand overdrive pedal and a crippled metalzone. My friend and I were looking to purchase the Jackhammer which was apparently "quite good", but we were out of luck as Davis did not have stock for it for that month. So the Guv'Nor was the only alternative left, we didn't know much about gears. In fact, i still am rusty when it comes to choosing good gear. I rmmbr it sounded muddy and the tone wasn't there. Drive was okay and suitable for simple rock, so not very versatile. Think it was a Guv'Nor 2 also, dunno where it is now. Possibly at a friend's house collecting rust and dust.

mine is a little wierd...

dd-20! first bought it cause didnt want to have buy another delay again, like one shot get the best one in the market but havent learnt how to fully utilize it yet so its kinda rotting in my efx chain :(

jekyll and hyde..ultimate cheesy fizz sound.
also the moog murf, which sounds fantastic but i have no use for it and it doesn't fit on my board. lol.

haha, from the list of my current setup of:

Behringer Hell Babe Wah
CS-3
OC-2
Randolfied DS-1
Behringer GDI 21 and
Ibanez DE7,

i think i don't regret buying any single pedal that much... If i must say which pedal disappoints me most, however, i'd say the behrigner wah...

the behringer wah is not bad for its price of $75, there're quite a lot of functions just as pitch, vowel variations and boost, but it's maximum sweep is very small.

with max settings, u only get average wah sounds.

with moderate settings, my friends find it hard to believe i'm using a wah when i play it through distortion...

MWWB: i've heard sumone try the hellbabe wah..

the name's so sweet..but..the sound is a big turn off..

didnt u try it before u bought it?

never really HATED pedal. hated the circuitry though.
protone pedals monster fuzz. it sounds amazing. the sound it gave me was. out of this world. then. no sound. hmmmm. brought it to beez and he ''modified" the insides to make sure it doesnt short again. man . dont get me wrong. the pedals great. but for tht kinda price. you'd expect great work in and out but wirings werent covered so it allowed the pedal to getshort circuited sooooooo simply. TWICE

i dunno lah something about it really turned me off..i dumped it for a sparkle drive and then a foxrox zim which now belongs to snuffleupagus

The problem with the JnH is that the older models have a switch problem. they become the 1st component to spoil in the pedal. and by the way did you guys know the switch happened to be the most expensive component in the whole pedal. such an irony. and the permanent positioning of the ovderdrive after distortion.

these i feel is the downside of that pedal.

OD after Dist is not a bad thing.
I love it ~!
When an OD is put after the Dist, you get this "surge" kinda sound ...
Very thick, fat and full of power with added crunch ...

Basically ... i guess it's what kinda tone u're after ...
most prefer an OD before Dist ... for higher gain settings (as said, a booster) ...
But dun knock OD after Dist ...
It's a different character....

The settings on the pedal are really important as well ....
if the OD is after Dist, and the drive is maxed on the OD ...
that's where it really sounds sucky ...

Personal preferance as always ...
i put an OD before and after Dist, to get the best of both worlds.

thread digging.ha-ha-ha.
I regretted buying my zoom g2. i got it cheap,although i can get variety of sounds from it, fuzz and so on, the distortion just doesnt kicks.
this thread spoils the 2nd hand market.:D

haha, from the list of my current setup of:

the behringer wah is not bad for its price of $75, there're quite a lot of functions just as pitch, vowel variations and boost, but it's maximum sweep is very small.

with max settings, u only get average wah sounds.

with moderate settings, my friends find it hard to believe i'm using a wah when i play it through distortion...

Most wahs wah less when using a distorted tone.

Line 6 Uber Metal. Not a bad pedal, but it didn't appeal to me tonewise. Now that I have my Beta Aivin HM-200, my Uber Metal just sounds too choked and weak for me. Blame my HM-200 for spoiling my mind.

Line 6 Floor Pod. Great effects, mediocre distortion and overdrive tones. I like the effects, but I bought it on impulse thinking I'll use a lot of effects. But I realized that I don't use effects. All I use is distortion and overdrive, so the Floor Pod wasn't bad but I really didn't need it. Furthermore, the wah is spoilt. It works as a volume pedal, though. It's collecting dust right now but I might sell it soon.

Back