NGD!! - Come on in if you are a fan of Mojo Les Pauls

Jessica1988

Here is a beautiful 1970 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe aged to perfection. Sometimes you get lucky and a seller considers other factors more than just money. I saw this guitar on Ebay with no bids and to my shock and delight I saw that it was local-ish (2 hours away). The opening asking price was all I could afford and I made an offer for that amount to see if the seller wanted to end the auction before someone bid. By the time the seller got back to me there was a bid. By the time we finished communicating there were more bids. I was pretty passionate about getting this guitar but the last bid was $800 more than I offered or could afford. He didn't really want to sell the guitar but HAD to sell it. I was floored when I received a note yesterday from the seller saying he preferred this guitar go to a home that is going to play it and appreciate it. He apologized to the bidders, closed the auction, and sold it to me for at least $800 less than he had been offered buy someone else. How cool is that? So this is The One I take to the grave!! As you can see it has been converted to full size humbuckers using a pair of zebra Seymore Duncan 59's with nickel covers. Pickup rings are actual 70's creme Gibson's and look great with the guitar. Tuners are also replaced with a pair of new nickel Kluson's. The previous owner aged the pickup covers and tuners to match the rest of the guitar. Everything else seems to be original. The finish so cool, great mojo, lots and lots of natural wear from years of playing. It had a fret job completed by a master tech who did an amazing job, so the frets are new. Neck has no repairs and is big and fat !! Pots and caps are original, pots are dates 13770xx as they should, you can just make it out in the pics. There was a splitter switch installed which was removed and filled, the hole was touched up lightly with a little gold paint. From a distance it is unnoticeable, up close you can see it. Haven't weighed it yet, seller says between 8-9lbs. It has weight to it. It came with a 70's chainsaw case with metal hinges and clasps. Case is in great shape and works perfect with no rusted hinges. This is an amazing guitar. Hope you like it too.
smile.gif
Goldtop2002.jpg
Goldtop097.jpg
Goldtop2025.jpg

Simply gorgeous, look at the green bit on the lower bout! I forget, were the Deluxes routed for full humbuckers or only mini-humbuckers?

Hold on to that case man, it's near indestructible from what I've read, but take care of the latches.

Hehe...I saw that LP before. If my guess is correct, I think I know who the seller might be. Anyway, nice score.

Back