Jaming at your Friends house?

kodabear

Im been going to my friend house to jam, but its so tiring bring an big amp going here and there.

How do u guys jam at your friends house? Do u bring ur own amp go?

Or just the guitaR?

well the last time i went to my friend's house i had to lub my guitar and amp over. now i'll get him to come over cos i got 2 amps hahaha :p

hi there! i was thinking of going to my fren hse to jam also. so i bought a VOX DA5 amp. i think if u want bring out and jam at your fren's hse, and taking public transport like me, u can buy a portable amp to bring there. did alot of researches, found out VOX DA5 seems like the best portable amp to me. you might also want to try out other portable amps such as from orange, marshal or the roland micro cube. My amp weighs 3.5kg so its not a big issue when carrying it to my fren's hse :D

I think if u're goin to jam there long term, maybe ur friend has a drumset there or wat, u may wanna get a 2nd amp to leave at ur friend's place, so its more convenient.

I've got a 2nd amp place at my friend's place, cos we jam regularly there. So its not so troublesome for me to bring my amp too and fro.

Or worst come to worst, like the rest said, get a mini portable amp. Some are really quite light though :)

Cheers! Peace :)

well the last time i went to my friend's house i had to lub my guitar and amp over. now i'll get him to come over cos i got 2 amps hahaha :p

Wow, kool. But properly dont work for me. As im learning from him. haha

Thanks Guys for all your replys, hmm. Its seems like i have to get an small training amp to go his house then. :D
I guess i would properly get an second hand one.

if ure going over just to learn then just invest in a mini amp or a pocket amplifier(eg the amplug) and a portable mini-speaker(or link up to his hifi)

i jamm at my best friends house a few times.
abt 1km away from my house.
i will walk there as i think taking a bus is just wasting money to travel 1km.
the amp i will bring is my Roland Cube 30X.
it's damn heavy!!!
9kg+

i remember the first time i went to his house with that amp, i took me nearly 30mins just to reach there.
coz i will stop every few meters.

but now, if i go to his house, i will just borrow his trolley and pull it to his house.
and pass the trolley back the next day :D

Oh ic, my friend lives in CCK. And im living in yishun.

The amp im using right now is line 6 spider iv 30, i dont think its as heavy as urs. :D

I had bought an mini trolley, but still. Everytime i try to get inside bus, its hard.

As the amp is quite big for the entrance of the bus.

if ure going over just to learn then just invest in a mini amp or a pocket amplifier(eg the amplug) and a portable mini-speaker(or link up to his hifi)

Actually i tot of buying amplug, but its seems to be too expensive just for one sound type. Imagine if i want two or more. Its like bombs.

VOX DA5 seems to be a good portable amp, with battery powered. Its say to be able to last 20 hrs. Not sure if its true.

But i heard that this amp is very special, can live hokkien ghosts inside. :p

hahha ya. up to now. still got radio channels playing from my amp. even after i changed another input cable. oh well, i can only afford the low end ones.. but its not very loud.. have to max the amp volume to jus hear abit of the hookkein songs :)

yeah anyway the amp is definitely worth it.. great channels from clean to metal and efx for u when ur bored.. :D

Ic, im properly getting it next month.

As 180 bucks isnt really a small amount :D

U can get a good cable around 27 - 30 bucks

Im pretty happy with my current Vox cable

oh, when u have enough money. Try getting a better cable.

U wont regret it, trust me :D

It sounds alot more better :p

Hmmmmm for me i use a multi-efx (PodXT Live), so what i did was i bought a coupla of those X-Mini speakers and hooked 'em all up together. They're absolute monsters when it comes to volume, and they're extremely clear for such small drivers. Although there's a noticeable lack of bottom end, the fact that i can pop the speakers into my guitar bag makes for an extremely convenient method of amplification.

Haha np man. Alternatively, just get your friend to invest in a PA system. Its not cheap, but useful.

A coupla my church friends formed a band and faced the same dilemma. Since both electric guitarists used multi-efx, they bought a simple 8-channel PA system and monitors for practice. It turned out to be useful for some of their gigs too, where the in-house PA was nonexistent. Its a novel idea, and one that's surprisingly practical. Just get your guys to pool money and get a Wharfdale set from citymusic. Btw my friends' band consists of 2 electric guitarists 1 acoustic guitarist 1 bassist 1 keyboardist and 1 drummer. The drums are Yamaha DTXplorers, so they can be plugged into the PA too. You might want to seriously consider this if your band is serious and want more options at gigs. The fact that its your own PA means you won't have to deal with shitty/arrogant sound engineers who think they know what they're doing.

Oh, im just a beginner...

And also, i never really tot of wanted to join a band or something.

Go gig ar... When i play in front of one person, i already will feel damn pai seh then become like stone like that.

If gig, i properly could faint. LOL

---------

So, my type of personality is really not suit to be in a band. Haiz...

haha same as kodabear, I will faint in front of a gig.

Simply stone if someone see me play :x

i bought AmPlug @ $56 only eh. City Music gave me 20% discount last week I went to buy it

Back