help with buying first electric guitar~ >.<

dont have to.just read my thread again and understand.
I do not have the intention of giving up my studies.
This is probably a misunderstanding from your part.
Going against the system does not means dropping my studies but rather how i would love to express my displease to the system in many other ways; certainly not dropping my studies and ruining my own life.

lazy explain...wah you want come debate add my msn lah. for me, after o, i will not do JAE. meaning no jc no poly no ite. but i have my plans, i have my reasons. i have a goal. my aim is less of a personal achievement; more of a consequence. i thought it through, thought it real HARD for a long time. don't tell me how it's politically, morally and practically wrong for me to do so, i run my own life, tyvm. it's going to be hard to empathise with me, i've tried getting people to do so. it took me like, many many months until my closest friend started to catch some of my balls. and he's the only one who seems like he might understand one day. so if you don't have all the time in the world just don't bother, yah. don't bother trying to change my ideas either. this is my only way out, if i wish to sleep soundly at night when i'm old and working. thanks folks. END DISCUSSION

sry. i know i started this, but i think we gonna cut it short yah? don't want nobody digressing too far. if you'd like, i wrote a bit of it of my reasons on my "blog" curious go find see-see. but kindly don't start off flame war there thanks. i like its quiet. haha.

The digital amp will come with many effects, so you wouldnt need to buy pedals+you can experiment around with the effects and different sounds.

so digital amp isn't valve, solid state or hybrid? eh, didn't come across digital amp before >.< *whooops*

and valve requires maintanence right? what exactly? like, since it uses the vacuum..technology? you have to clean the tubes often or sth? lol. XD then solid states don't require maintanence at all? i mean, even guitars should go for set-ups often...is there such a thing as "setup" for equips like amps?

off topic lol but its a really stupid thing to do.ruin your future and what?

Going against the system doesn't have to be active. I've always been against most systems in Asian countries, I haven't taken a knife to a senior politician. I'm passively going against the system by going to get a degree overseas and actively saying 'NO' to an Asian university. Sounds like ruining my future to me? I don't think so.

Clean setting - Just how your pickups sound. You know, physics, strings cut changing magnetic field blah blah induce current. Then your amp amplifies through the use of transformers, to step up voltage. See, still must study lol.

Drive setting or gain. - Increasing the Y gain of the sound graph to the extend that your amp 'clips' or distort. Something like turning on your speaker real loud the music will then go into fizzle. Bad for speaker but guitar amps made specially like that. Heck the physics, its just the shiokness of the roar! WARNING:You will feel powerful when playing.

Anyway, about the whole going-into-arts-thing, no comments except you got to be real or realistic rather. Dont forget your responsibilities, support your parents, support your family next time etc. Pursue arts but you still have to make a living. I also dont exactly fit into the system, no one does but still try. In my humble opinion, I dont think it is very wise just yet to dedicate yourself to one aspect of life when you are still young. Keep your options open. Plus musician in sg cant really make a living unless your are the very essence of awesomeness. Arts people are real poor. And studying arts also require lots of discipline a little different from studying science but you still got to know your stuff. For guitar maybe your modes, note relation, chord relation etc. SO for now, you are a student, student = studying person. But still, no harm diving into this seriously if you think it is what you will do for the rest of your life, just get your studies right too. Just in case all fails you got paper to get a regular job and get jailed in a office cubicle lol. Peace

Last edited:
eh...don't talk about my future anymore, lol. sorry. i know you all sincerely mean well but...if i were to start explaining i think i can write a book. let's just say...i've considered many things. other than just system and what i like and responsibility and they're personal so i won't go on.

lets just say it like Atticus Finch would - just because i was licked a hundred, thousand, bloody centuries before i began doesn't mean i don't get on with it and see through it till the very end. it's okay if you've never read the book.

just..stick to talking about guitars okay? sorry.

yea, went there and it was a nice sight to see most of hide's popular guitars displayed. well plaza sing as a yamaha which carries guitars. haha

yea haha, actually a hide model would be a good starter guitar with your budget, get one from japan at around 1k and it has one of the most comfortable necks ive ever played on. then get a good amp and download guitarpro and your learning curve would shoot right up.

get one from japan at around 1k and it has one of the most comfortable necks ive ever played on.

out of curiosity - by purchasing from japan, do you mean online buying? then i won't get to try the guitar itself first... *scared lol* but you said plaza sing have...and on the necks, you are a lady? (assuming from your id name :x) compared to a man's, are your fingers smaller than theirs?

haha well, yea you dont get to test it, but from my experience dealing with japanese webshops are very pleasant experiences. they go out of the way to help you. and nah, im not a lady just a 17 year old dude, ladyintears is actually of of the first x japan songs ever. haha, and do test the mockingbirds out, they have neck profiles which are very very comfortable to play with.

Arts people are real poor.

:shock: OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~~~~~~~

I'm an Art student~~~~~

Anyway, if you're really keen in getting hide's guitars and believe that they will make you want to play more. Then I'd say, why not? :D

They're really good guitars and yea, as LadyInTears said, the neck feels great.

FYI. Digital amps are either solid state or hybrid with digital effects. I've never come across a digital tube amp. x.X
Tube amps require changing of tubes every few years as the tubes will eventually overheat. The only maintenance you could do on a solid state is to replace broken wires or chips, but that veeery seldomly happens.

i might actually seriously consider a mockingbird...eh, partially cos of hide, partially cos i like its name, i can draw a parallel to a book i studied and i liked *haha nerd!*

waaah now i am sooo tempted to fly down to plaza sing now and- ahhh nonononnono *staples my fingers to my evil math TYS* ): oh well. *whoops*

Arts people are real poor.

that's not an accurate thing to say imo. whatever field you venture in, there will always be people who are rich and people who are poor. do you know Zhang Jingna (zemotion)? she's a photographer. her income is.."classified information" (she never disclosed it) but she seems rich enough to afford expensive japanese branded clothing. *_* and quite a lot of it, haha. but she really takes pretty photos!!!

Digital amps are either solid state or hybrid with digital effects.
another noob question~~ so digital amps are not a seperate type of amps from solid states, hybrids and tubes. instead, digital amps are a subtype of solid state/hybrid?
so if that is the case...if amp not digital. then what? lol. :x

thanks so much folks for bothering with my silly questions y'all are sweeter than...than that that super yummy dont know what name japanese chocolate thingy i bought from yamakawa at tampines1 basement today!!!!!
*gives everybody chocolates*

nice, lit student as well? that explains why you sound the most intellectual amongst all those asking for advice here.still remember that book,was great fun to read.

haha well plaza sing does have all the hide models but they charge like super crazy prices which you would have been crazy to buy. but do be friendly and the staff would let you test them, friendly lot there, when i played crazy train they did the AYE AYE thing haha.

alright for amps. mainly solid state, hybrid and tube.
there are many solid state amps such as the roland cube which have digital effects, but then like always they sound so damn digital, well this is an acquired taste.

hybrids are like the vox valvetronix, their cleans have that nice tubey sound, but again, the built in effects are too damn digital.

then comes the tube sound, for that awesome tubey and valvey sounds, with great cleans and stuff, but do note tube amps can get really really loud.

to give a better picture, the built in effects(digital) are good, but not good enough, once you've outgrown it and understanding what digital means, by which then you'd be going for the analog pedals, those cute stompboxes which offer nirvana to tone seekers and analog elitists.

ah, that reminds me. i stay in the east but havent actually went to tampines 1 yet lol!

this reminds me, miss my hide model
DSC00264.jpg

Last edited:
hmm...i think imma leave amps for a while, back to the guitar:

now i see a fernandes mockingbird, and then there's also one coming from another brand called B.C. - what's the difference between these two? =X
also i ran a google search on "yamaha burny mockingbird fernandes" well something like that...it led me back to soft, there's a thread on the hide model..hmmm...and according to the fernandes shop : 152,250.00 JPY=2,359.03 SGD; while there's one BC on amazon for 1,350.00 USD=1,941.89 SGD

i'm not very sure i'll buy this guitar, but then again i'd like to see what people say about the whole two-brands thing..

and that's a very pretty hide model there ^^ i am taking lit, but i am not intelligent haha~ oh tamp1 has a very big times bookshop whee~ today i went to tampines mall yamaha also...*SELF-RESTRAINT!!!!* T___T eh some more i stumbled upon some schoolmates trying instruments out! i'm so jealous ;^; omg i seriously cannot wait for evil o to be over D:(sorry digressed lol)

Hi sorry i just want to ask something unrelated. How do i post a WTSell message in this forum? sorry new to this forum :/

Latest posts

Back