Hardest Bassline Song?

what the heck are you talking about,can you please tell me how do you get the pitch frequency of the 6th string bass on the 4th string bass?To play a perfect bass line of Jon Myung you need to have a 6th string bass but of course 4th string bass can play the song as the chords are the same but the frequency,the depth,the crunch cant match the 6th string bass sounds.I assumed that you dont know anything about bass.Lets get real!

Woah, there. Chill. The guy's merely saying that it's possible to play John Myung lines on a 4 string. No need to start getting uptight, yeah? :)

And to the thread, Claypool's always a start. :D

Woah, there. Chill. The guy's merely saying that it's possible to play John Myung lines on a 4 string. No need to start getting uptight, yeah? :)

And to the thread, Claypool's always a start. :D

Thank you for the reply in case if you need to clarify onbehalf of that poor 'lost guy' you may do so explaining in more specific terms on playing 6th string guitar on the 4th sting guitar if not why dont you just zip your mouth.No offence but this forum should have a serious constructive debates in every technical aspect as to improves our musical standard since we are in a cronic stage of losing talented and skillful musicians.Cheers!

Thank you for the reply in case if you need to clarify onbehalf of that poor 'lost guy' you may do so explaining in more specific terms on playing 6th string guitar on the 4th sting guitar if not why dont you just zip your mouth.No offence but this forum should have a serious constructive debates in every technical aspect as to improves our musical standard since we are in a cronic stage of losing talented and skillful musicians.Cheers!

Improving the standard of English around here would be a start.

Last edited:

dude, chill man, you don't need to be so harsh and get all worked up over a forum reply man.

what i mean is there are definitely dream theater songs that are played without using the B and C strings.

Last edited:
Errr, yeah, i clearly remember being able to play erotomania and overture 1928 on a 5 and having no problems. I walk beside you and burning my soul can be done on a 4 if i'm not wrong. Myung might like to use a 6 string, but he doesn't use the C all the time. Most of the songs can be done just fine on a 5 string or less. So chill dude.

Joe Black wrote:
"Thank you for the reply in case if you need to clarify onbehalf of that poor 'lost guy' you may do so explaining in more specific terms on playing 6th string guitar on the 4th sting guitar if not why dont you just zip your mouth.No offence but this forum should have a serious constructive debates in every technical aspect as to improves our musical standard since we are in a cronic stage of losing talented and skillful musicians.Cheers!"

my thoughts exactly, SherT. the standard of english is definitely cronic around here hahahaha

Last edited:
Er, sorry to point this out, but i think you mean chronic. But then again, chronic means long term and doesn't really signal anything negative. Unless, cronic is taken as the street speak, which would mean dope (weed, ganja, grass, etc..). XD

Nisazif said:
my thoughts exactly, SherT. the standard of english is definitely cronic around here hahahaha

Thank you very much for the generous reply,accepting the truth and imaging yourself should be better;)

dude, chill man, you don't need to be so harsh and get all worked up over a forum reply man.

what i mean is there are definitely dream theater songs that are played without using the B and C strings.

Nobody getting uptight here....are you?

Of coz there are dream theater songs that are played without using B and C,you may check on the bass tabs if you are not lazy to do so.

Nobody getting uptight here....are you?

Of coz there are dream theater songs that are played without using B and C,you may check on the bass tabs if you are not lazy to do so.

Now now, no need to get personal there, the dude was just making a remark.

Now now, no need to get personal there, the dude was just making a remark.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and nobody here are getting personal except you.Just in case if you want to be a parrot for someone else opinion,think again.You may get the backlashes.Cheers and have a happy Christmas!!!

Yes, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. As a matter of fact, all democracy depends on that very value. But even in the face of such overwhelming freedom, one must demonstrate tact and diplomacy when interacting with the rest of the human species, unless said person has been lobotomised and hence is lacking a brain/mouth filter.

There is really no need to go around ruffling other people's feathers, unless you're a troll who happens to get kicks from doing it. But if you are, let me just say, you have my sympathy. One really does need to get a life when it consists of trying to start flame wars online.

I'm not really gonna bother with all the personal digs 'cuz frankly, i find them quite laughable.

OH, and btw, Merry Christmas to you too! =D

joe dude, this will be my last post on this thread, no point right? if you die die want to have the last word then go ahead man. :)

joe dude, this will be my last post on this thread, no point right? if you die die want to have the last word then go ahead man. :)

Even if you want to go on and on that is your choice.I dont control you my friend.A merry Christmas to you.

Yes, everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. As a matter of fact, all democracy depends on that very value. But even in the face of such overwhelming freedom, one must demonstrate tact and diplomacy when interacting with the rest of the human species, unless said person has been lobotomised and hence is lacking a brain/mouth filter.

There is really no need to go around ruffling other people's feathers, unless you're a troll who happens to get kicks from doing it. But if you are, let me just say, you have my sympathy. One really does need to get a life when it consists of trying to start flame wars online.

I'm not really gonna bother with all the personal digs 'cuz frankly, i find them quite laughable.

OH, and btw, Merry Christmas to you too! =D

Oh now i can see a parrot defending himself,like i said everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion and i dont have a problem with that but you did with my way of direct comments or expression.Is it something gone wrong with your upbringing?Is it because of your ego or your ignorant or issit because you cant accept an honest criticism?Now it's time for you to image yourself and rectify your own problems.

Take a look of my earlier post,its regarding music but you and some bozos trying to get astray by posting comments that are out of context.If you find it quite laughable i guess you are laughing at your own stupidity and low mentality towards music.Get a real life and get back to the original context,i dont want this beautiful thread to be littered with nonsense personal post like you did.Merry Christmas to you and have a nice holiday!

Back