Hardest Bassline Song?

cliffburton

Alright, i want to know what song do u think have the hardest bass line? I dunno man but YYZ by Rush is abit hard to play. What do u think?

cliff, are you looking for hard songs so that you can learn them and improve your skills? I LIKE THAT ATTITUDE

try mastering jaco songs. donna lee, chromatic fantasy, etc. no fancy shit, just good fast fingering

Bagiti Khumalo on Paul Simon's Graceland and Armand Sabal Lecco on Paul Simon's Rhytem of the Saints albums.

Most of The Who's John Entwhistle's bass runs on record.

Billy Sheehan stuff esp with Mr Big

Steve Morse Band's "Cruise Missle" ... forgot his bassist name.

Stewart "Aquanaut" DeSouza's blues solos.

cliff, are you looking for hard songs so that you can learn them and improve your skills? I LIKE THAT ATTITUDE

try mastering jaco songs. donna lee, chromatic fantasy, etc. no fancy shit, just good fast fingering

Ya, i always challenge my self. The feeling of being able to play YYZ would just be pure satisfaction man. Im half through the song, yesh!! But im also looking for other song man. Im self taught so i learn song to improve my skill and i hate all those music theories, just doesn't make sense to me. Music shud be felt man. My 2 cents.

try some jrock songs like gazette, dir en grey, an cafe...they've got cool basslines..some are really good for finger stretching exercises.

Like someone mentioned earlier, BILLY SHEEHAN of Mr. Big!

Songs like Addicted to that Rush, Alive and Kickin' and Colorado Bulldog will get your fingers going!

May I suggest "The Lemon Song" by Led Zeppelin?

Most Dream Theater songs will drive you mad too. :)

To me, probably the toughest song is The Dance of Eternity from Dream Theater. It's from their Scenes from a Memory concept album.

most of the lines that proggers do require a certain level of chops, just woodshedding will do.

but once u head to bebop land, all hell breaks loose.

The trouble about playin Dream Theater is that Jon Myung uses a 6 string, so i cant exactly play what he is playing. on a 4 string.

Hardest slap bassline

I personally find the HARDEST slap bassline is Bonin' in the Boneyard by Fishbone.

It's quite obvious no one here has heard of Fishbone... But do check it out. If you want a recording of it just pm me I'll send it to you.

'Stewart "Aquanaut" DeSouza's blues solos' - fgl

...i reaalllly dont think so bro.......

honestly to keep in line with this thread....the bassline from 'beatles' 'SOMETHING' ....is by the far THE most difficult bassline i have ever covered ....and also stevie wonder's left hand keyboard bass........very challenging.......that rush stuff.....once you get it you gots it

Alright, i want to know what song do u think have the hardest bass line? I dunno man but YYZ by Rush is abit hard to play. What do u think?

Its a very difficult question to answer.Each bass line in every song is very unique but i think the more complex and difficult bass line is from Extreme,Mr.Big and Primus.The bass line really added more spice to the songs,very good to listen but very difficult to play along.Thats just my view:???:

actually many dream theater songs can be done on 4 string basses :)

what the heck are you talking about,can you please tell me how do you get the pitch frequency of the 6th string bass on the 4th string bass?To play a perfect bass line of Jon Myung you need to have a 6th string bass but of course 4th string bass can play the song as the chords are the same but the frequency,the depth,the crunch cant match the 6th string bass sounds.I assumed that you dont know anything about bass.Lets get real!

Back