What made you choose the bass ?

the really cool riffs that tends to get even more challenging as your music taste changes.

A Bassist is the backbones of a band in order to function well, and good bassists are rare so I hope to fill up this void lor.

:mrgreen:
Ya, we are the backbone but many still don't know bout the bass
A friend of mine looked at my screen(a min ago) and asked me what a bassist is lol

I have even come across people who think that a guitar can only be strummed and plucking of the strings is unheard of to them....duh!

a lot of quality answers here... but somehow i cant see myself thinking that way =P honestly to the bone, i picked up bass coz i saw less strings, and thought it was easier hahahaha... i may be the only bassist to admit this, but yeah..

tho obviously after that leap, i discovered otherwise.. tat its not easy la... just easy to pick up basic bassing tats all ;)

Well i picked up bass because my brother,whose from a local up and coming metal band,introduced it to me and taught me the basics to it.At first I only played it because it was the only instrument lying around at home,but after a few months i started falling in love with the sound of the bass and all the different pick bass-ers who make it look cool,eg.Reita of GazettE,Duff Mcakagan,Dee Dee Ramone,Nikki Sixx. My first song was Sweet Child O'Mine ,and it was really an addictive bassline.After that i began learning seriously,and even tho i still suck at it,i still love nothing more than picking up the bass and playing a few basslines to keep myself occupied.
Okay seriously now, i started bass because i saw an awesome slapping vid,Michael Jackson slapping a little boy who refused to enter NeverLand.After that i resolved that i wanted to slap as well as him and so i picked up the bass.COOL

Last edited:
Anti flag. :D

huh? =\

Well i picked up bass because my brother,whose from a local up and coming metal band,introduced it to me and taught me the basics to it.At first I only played it because it was the only instrument lying around at home,but after a few months i started falling in love with the sound of the bass and all the different pick bass-ers who make it look cool,eg.Reita of GazettE,Duff Mcakagan,Dee Dee Ramone,Nikki Sixx. My first song was Sweet Child O'Mine ,and it was really an addictive bassline.After that i began learning seriously,and even tho i still suck at it,i still love nothing more than picking up the bass and playing a few basslines to keep myself occupied.
Okay seriously now, i started bass because i saw an awesome slapping vid,Michael Jackson slapping a little boy who refused to enter NeverLand.After that i resolved that i wanted to slap as well as him and so i picked up the bass.COOL

so informative.... love the ending though ahahaha

becuz its got less strings and no need play chords like guitar and no need solo lolz. and u can bury yourself in the mix and no one would notice if you screw up xD

there's no such thing as a bass being easier than a guitar. there are easy bass parts just as there are easy guitar parts. it's easier to play a chord than to spell out the individual notes over a number of bars. that's what basslines are about. you only have one note at any given beat to play at a time, and if you screw it up the mistake is glaring to say the least

take punk rock for example. their guitar parts do not vary much in terms of difficulty, dominated by power chords, palm mutes, and simple arpeggios that punk rock guitarists like to call 'solos'.

but if you compare a pile of crap called mark hoppus to a proper bassist such as mike dirnt, you will clearly see the difference the bass guitar makes in terms of contribution to similar guitar and drum styles

becuz its got less strings and no need play chords like guitar and no need solo lolz. and u can bury yourself in the mix and no one would notice if you screw up xD

Not true lor, bass screw ups are very obvious and the general audience can tell that something was wrong but usually won't be able to figure what went wrong...hahaha

Not true lor, bass screw ups are very obvious and the general audience can tell that something was wrong but usually won't be able to figure what went wrong...hahaha

:mrgreen: +1 haha so true ... anyway i started learnin bass after hearing some owning bass solos

Back