Wad cymbals do u guys have...

Yup shred5 is right. Buy with your ears. Try the cymbals and hear if you really like how it sounds before buying.

Personally, I love the Sabian AAX. Recorded with an AAX crash. I love it :D Try out Istanbul Mehmets too. Love the hats and crash.

:roll:
to all out there ,thanks for the advise,,personally ive tried out all 3 aax,ZXt and mehmets,, ur advise were great. thanks..
cheeers :partyman:

yuen said:
:? need some expertise advise...
i plan to upgrade my cymbals (hihat,crash ride) currently using crap cymbals but duuno what is the best for my 6-700 budget, tried out some packs sets,
Zildjian ZXT,
Sabian AAX
whats ur recommendations? or whats ur other recommendations?

:roll:

Bro, Istanbul Mehmets' the best choice. Don waste time and go get it at Nigel's place before it's gone :D

would you guys recommend istanbul mehmets for a beginner? been drumming for 2 months and I'm getting a kit, eyeing the istanbul mehmets for cymbals. heard nigel play the istanbul mehmets and it sounds absolutely beautiful man...sorry if this is a noob question but are they too high-end for a beginner? (is there such a thing as cymbals being too high-end for a beginner?)

For me, i treat every purchases for drums as a long term investment. As most of us drummers know, cymbals are one of the most costliest thing to buy.

Surely, by buying the top-of-the-line cymbals, u'll be investing in something worthwhile if u get wat i mean.

Dude I think the most important thing is 'Is it within your budget ?' coz if it is, ain't nobody gonna tell you that you're not fit to play them cymbals. But I think the Istanbul Mehmet cymbal set that you're eyeing is very value for money. Cymbals are way better than what the price says. And it's a good investment, coz it's good enough to gig and possibly record as well (depending on what kinda stuff you intend to record).

Then later as time goes by and you know what kinda sound you're going for, you can start getting hooked into the cymbal pimping addiction that we're all hooked on now !

Just my 2cents worth...

:tonqe:
Hi there , iam a proud mehmet owner now!!! Thanks to all the advise given by the experts...
before the purchase i own paiste 402,and 302 cymbals( got rid of it now.) Because of budget i limited my choices and found out its not the sound i like, and got to sell and buy agian,
This time round its adefinitely good investment, after trying out some other cymbals and feedback from softies.
cheers :partyman:

yay. it's within my price range, my parents are sponsoring me for now. I like fell in love with the Istanbul Mehmet sound when Nigel demo-ed it at his shop man. not thinking as far ahead as gigging and recording man. absolutely beautiful. I'm still working on my fills, lol.
thanks for the advice everyone!

Good for ya ! It's a good set of cymbals that should see you thru for quite awhile. Might even stay in your collection of cymbals forever on top of whatever new ones you get !

Currently all I own are :
1. Zildjian 18" K Ride/Crash
2. Sabian 10" AAX Splash - just HADTA buy this ! my little treat to myself ! coz Mike portnoy plays this model ! heh heh...*blush*...

Acoupla stuff that I'm looking to add to my collection :
1. Hi-Hats - am negotiating a deal for one at the moment
2. Crash - a smaller crash. also negotiating for one at the moment

Guess that's all I'll be getting for now. Enough of my GAS-ing !

my set up now:

15" k custom dark crash
18" k custom dark crash
15" k crash
8" brandless splash (very gd splash!!)
14" sabian hh manhatten groove hats
14" sabian AAx studio crash
16 sabian hh thin crash
20" hh sabian medium ride
21" phil colin's HH ride

i do have pics of my set.. but no idea how to post it up here.. help plz!

My cymbal setup are as follows (all are Zildjian) :

13" New Beat HH
20" K Constantinople Light Ride
22" K Constantinople Medium Ride

I also have a 16" A Custom Crash, but seldom use it now.

Cheers....

here are weckish drum photos: :lol:

bryan87a.jpg

bryan87b.jpg

[/img]

hi plains!

thanks alot for helping me. i am a IT idiot!!

well its a 5 piece set up with an aux snare. aux snare is harry's custom maple 10". skins are all remo with pinstrips on the toms( i nv like pinstrips but they work well with RT). coated on the snare. cymbals specs are above. pedals are the new eliminators i got!

one thing i wan u guys to take note is the splash. its a very very nice splash. it only cost 22.50 and it realli really sounds great!!! if u guys pass by bedok, feel free to come try the splash! REALLY GD!!

holy cow, its a zyn 8" splash!!! bought at swee lee sale?? :lol:

i got me and one of my students one too... it sounds very crispy, although a little less polished sounding than say, a typical b20 bronze splash, it definitely gets the job done... hehe

the maple snare looks interesting.... n.n;;;

hihi,
i have no idea its called the ZYN SPLASH!! it was being chucked in a corner at bras basah. the snare was from fairoz. drummer for jive talking. it rox!

Back