Wad cymbals do u guys have...

aNTi_aP

Heyz...I;ve a question for da drummers(yea..we're in the hood..") *cringe in disgust* hehehz...Anyway Wad cymbal setups do most of u have?
To kick this post off.... I Use:
18" Pearl CX500 Crash/Ride
16" Paiste Power Crash
14" B8 hihats
10" Trojan Splash....:D

Oh yea...And if anyone has a Planet Z 16" Crash can someone please pm mi or something...I wanna buy one..:D

well this is my cymbal set up:

14" zildjian zxt hi-hiats
14"sabian b8 hi hats
16" zildjian zxt medium crash
14" pastie 302 crash
!8" pastie 502 crash
18" pastie 802 crash
20"zildjian zxt ride
18" zildjian oriental china trash

in case ure wondering why the hell its so big, well i recently combined my pearl forum kit with my frends one which i bought to have a double bass kit. so i now have a 10 pc kit. its really a lot of fun playing.

lars_ulrich said:
in case ure wondering why the hell its so big, well i recently combined my pearl forum kit with my frends one which i bought to have a double bass kit. so i now have a 10 pc kit. its really a lot of fun playing.

10pc??
got pics?
post in show yer kit thread la
heheh
i wann see the arrangment cymbals

interesting choice of cymbals... lars.. i take it you like big kits?

personally i prefer smaller and tighter setups :partyman:

im using:

- 14" Paiste Soundformula Reflector hihats
- 20" Sabian AAX Stage Ride
- 16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
- 18" Zildjian Avedis Medium Crash

I'm hoping to grab a 10" Sabian HH Splash soon, and by the end of the year, "convert" to this setup

- 14" Sabian HHX groove hats
- 20" Sabian HHX dry ride
- 16" Sabian HH dark crash
- 17" Sabian HH medium-thin crash
- 18" Sabian HH medium crash
- 10" Sabian HH splash

or alternatively, go all out on Istanbul Mehmet traditionals 8)

Alvyn: Heh, I settled for the A Custom Ping Ride.

Thus my setup is:

1. 8" A Custom Splash
2. 14" Avedis New Beat HiHats
3. 16" K Custom Session Crash
4. 16" A Custom Fast Crash
5. 18" Avedis China Boy Low
6. 20" A Custom Ping Ride

Really love the K Custom and the China Boy!

doublestrokesg, that's a VERY lovely setup. A Zildjian guy eh? :lol:

Anyway, here's mine

The all important timekeepers...
14" AAX Stage Hats (I LOVE THESE HATS!)
20" Avedis Earth Ride

And the others..
16" AAX Studio Crash
17" A Custom Crash (sex in a cymbal)
10" HH Splash
18" A Custom Swish

Wired: Hey, thanks man! You have a really slick setup as well! Can't agree more abt the A Customs, and you have a nice blend of Zildjians & Sabians. I guess I'm more familiar with the sounds of Zildjian? Been trying out Bosphorus, Sabian, and even Wuhan! Haha, but not enough stands for more cymbals, and most imptly, no $$$. :lol: If I could get another one, I would definitely want a K. Constantinople, but tt'll prob come when my playing matures too... Otherwise it'll be a great injustice to the cymbal itself. What kind of music do you normally play?

My set up sucks.

!6" and 18" sabian evolution crashes
7" evolution splash
14" sabian HH mini-chinese (i don't really like it)
20" unknown avedis ride (i got it off someone for cheap, sounds terrible but i use it with lots of rubber pads for silent practicing)
some REALLY old unknown pair of hats.
1 pair of max stax (small)

I need to upgrade. Seriously.

I'm aiming for a full evolution set up by the end of this year.

wah biang

I dont know how old you guys are or what kind of jobs u guys are holding, but man thats some serious cash man.

doublestrokesg: A K Constantinople eh? Haha, I would kill for one. Anyway, I'm currently not playing in a committed band lineup, but more of random jam sessions with friends. But anyway, I usually play progressive and experimental stuff, and one thing I must mention is that, the A customs and AAX are indeed REALLY versatile cymbals. :lol:

Oh yes, and Wuhans eh? Any idea where to get them around here?

Funkifized: I'm digging the set up there. But yeah, do something about your hats and ride, fast. :D

Wired: Heh, we share the same gd taste! 8) Yea, in the process of saving up for the Constantinoples... hopefully my trip to the US next year will coincide with their major music equipment sale. Then maybe the Constan. will be lower priced. I always think we're being overly ripped off in SG.

Btw, one of my bandmates just received a 14" Wuhan China frm a fren of ours in the US as a gift, but he intends to sell it cos he doesn't play drums anymore. PM me if you're interested!

A customs mannnnn, love them, the 17inch fast crash is really nice. so sensitive and such a smooth sound. i mean man play them sound and their so responive without any lost of tone. awesome i love them

Drooling thread eh! sweet....

I have currently...

20" K Custom Ride
19" A Custom Crash
18" K Constantinople Crash
16" K Constantinople Crash
16" A Custom Crash
16" A Zildjian & Cie Crash
16" Oriental China Trash
15" K Custom Dark Crash
14" ZXT Trashformer
13" Trojan Hihat Top (Used as a splash/crash)
13" K Mastersound Hihats
12" Wuhan China
10" Istanbul Agop Traditional Splash
10" Trojan Brilliant Splash
8" Trojan Traditional Splash
8" Zyn Splash (many of these babies!!! used for mini hats etc...)

hope i didn't miss any of my babies out!!!

Back