Tom Holmes Japan vs Burstbucker Pros vs Seymour Duncan Seth Lovers

No!! Thats not true at all.. Its the character of the pickup that has lots of bite and top end to it.

http://www.lespaulforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125667&highlight=albert%27s

Here's the link to the blind test. You'll realise what I mean when I say the BBs stand out cos they are thicker. Then again, to each his own. So, I can conclude, you're not really a PAF person. :mrgreen: Okay, well, not in the blues, low gain context maybe... I generally don't like high gain tones in general.

thanks for that dudelove, absolutely interesting. i found this video by searching vintage PAFs on youtube, i think it does quite a good comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9PG-KIOUzE.

they really do chirp.. but i find the tone so much better on mild to high gain sounds. the low gain sounds really arent my cup of tea there! maybe next time..

Nice comparisons! Nice playing, too!

I find that the BB pros, having A5 magnet, has quite a bit more top end, little less mids and more bassy. The Seth Lover is a tad brighter than the Tom Holmes and does accentuate the pick attack a bit more; the TH is smoother.

My guess : B is the Tom Holmes, A is the Seth Lover.

WHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! You just made my day... That's a GREAT joke!!!:mrgreen:

Cannot lah... already very very low liaoz...

Just kidding lah bro
hehehe
the price u quote me very good already. cannot complain..

i like Canto Della Vita
U wrote and arranged that piece bro?

Not enough HONK. :mrgreen:

I really like my PAF type pickups to honk like no ones business. When people play my Les Paul its either they love it or hate it, its particular woody and nasal compared to other PAF type pickups.

The honk is there. Trust me. It honks nicely. Like a flock of geese. Problem is that nasal tones don't capture nicely on the pod. Play it thru a tube amp, and you'll not touch the sh55s at all.

But because of the rs kit I'm using, I can turn the honk on or off.

Btw, that nice woman tone? Courtesy of rs guitarworks!

Back