LiquiFire & CrunchLab clips

That is a serious dose of mid-heavy-ness. It sounds like quite a large swath of mid freqs were boosted; the tones lack the vocal-like quality of Dimarzios?

Any clips of rhythm or non-single-notes-playing under high gain?

Lacking the vocal-like quality of DiMarzios? Or that the tones are uncharacteristic of DiMarzios because of the vocal-like tones?

This set is extremely vocal-like. Surprisingly, especially the Crunchlab. Note the roundness of the tones as the note decays. That's something I previously encountered mainly with scatter-wound PAFs. Very very organic.

Clips of rhythm? Nah... Didn't do those. Will see if I can throw something together for that purpose. But there's not much chugga chugga, but seriously, as the name suggests, a lot of crunch.

The tones are "uncharacteristic" of Dimarzio. It could just be ur setup/tweaking that doesn't make it as "awwww" but more "owww"?

Minor thing lah! Aiyo! :p

The tones are "uncharacteristic" of Dimarzio. It could just be ur setup/tweaking that doesn't make it as "awwww" but more "owww"?

You are right. They are extremely uncharacteristic of DiMarzios. Yet there's that same solid dependable DiMarzio tone contained within. That "owww" bit is dinfinately not my set up. I've played this set thru a few amps and pedals, and they do exhibit that characteristic.

Very very nice...

Now... If only I can find some way to finance a JP7 with the same config...

Back