suggestion on jazz music?

Hi Eric,
I just got back like 5 hours ago and am sitting in my room now, jetlagged. I will be here till late august, practicing, playing gigs and all that stuff. Let me know what's going on with the drum exchanges, and hopefully i'll see you at a gig or something!

got some new cymbals you might wanna check out. beautiful stuff

Wen

Hey wen,

Please hold a clinic man...everyone wants to see you and hopefully learn something from you.

rla

Oh my lord. Wen.

We kinda chat a bit through Cymbalholic a while back, I think.

My nicks' jeepers on Cymbalholic as well.

Last edited:
rla,
i checked out the blogspot below your website, we've met before in a church event yes? anyways, i'm not sure about a clinic, but if there's an exchange or something coming up i'd love to drop by and hang, and see what's going on.

Hope all's going well for you

Wen

Hey Jeepers!
yeah, self confessed cymbalholic i am. i brought back a skiba, bet you're at least curious?

Wen

Curious I am!

I was thinking of sending my Artisan Med to Mike to thin it down a wee bit, but shipping there and back alone will kill me!

Did you get him to work on a blank or you sent him one of your pies?

Best,
Jasper

Last edited:
Hi Jasper,
i sent him an istanbul agop tw to work on... i went back and forth loving it and hating it, but after i got it back from him i don't think i'm ever going to be able to sell it. His work is absolutely ridiculous... unfortunately mike isn't going to be taking anymore orders for modifications in the near future cause he's going to be working on his own cymbals from blanks...so any of us who want some new modifications on old cymbals are going to have to wait.

Bro Wen, am glad you are back for your Holidays till August. Will you be playing at Bar-Stop (which day?).

DXS is growing we have 130 members now (thanks) and with all the support from the Drumming Bros/Sis here within Soft and most of all – from all the support from Terry of Pro Musique, Alvin of Music Lab, James (soft himself)….we are a very healthy community here. Also Tan Boon of Singapore DrumFest had been coming up with a lot of Activities eg Clinics, Drum Challenge, and hopefull most likely another Singapore Drum Festival coming this year for 2008.

We also notice since last year, more Local Drummers are being endorsed by Local Music Distributor largely Pearl & Mapex…that’s great.

I do gig once in a while too(really enjoying my drumming passion) and hopefully I’ll be able to be playing with a Band this coming June for the Power-Jam Band Competition in the Audition…(just trying my best) and having Fun..hehehehehe !. My drumming had improve alot since I started taking drumming lesson from Alvin of Music Lab and is loving my lessons. I notice I'm more thickskin now (more bold) to drum no longer shy.

So – What New Cymbals have you got (skiba) ? … wow.www Drum Hobbyists (did you hear/see this) hahahaha !

- - - ….Oh and yes – Do you still want the 1969 old Ludwig Super-Sensitive Snare Drum belonging to Mr Anthony Fong? …all the parts are 100% Originally intact, only thing is due to age, it’s tarnish (and it’s alluminium) - - I am Planning to sell it to you if you still want it.

PS:- and yes please do join us and come to our comming Xchange - ALfe is planning this now, we will keep you updated with the date soon.

Regards

Eric

Last edited:
rla,
i checked out the blogspot below your website, we've met before in a church event yes? anyways, i'm not sure about a clinic, but if there's an exchange or something coming up i'd love to drop by and hang, and see what's going on.

Hope all's going well for you

Wen

Yup, it's me. Do let us know when and where you're gonna be playin. It'll be cool to see you again. I'll also drag eugene (your branson triplet) along too.

Hi Jasper,
i sent him an istanbul agop tw to work on... i went back and forth loving it and hating it, but after i got it back from him i don't think i'm ever going to be able to sell it. His work is absolutely ridiculous... unfortunately mike isn't going to be taking anymore orders for modifications in the near future cause he's going to be working on his own cymbals from blanks...so any of us who want some new modifications on old cymbals are going to have to wait.

Sweet. What did you get him to modify it on? You should post up some pictures! :twisted: Aww snap. Well, when I've got spare dough I should ask him to work out a turkish blank for me. Can't decide what sounds I would want from it though. Ugh.

RudimentalDrummer: Hmmm, interesting. Can I pop by one day to try out the Twentys and the Ludwig. Gorgeous snare, that.

Oh ya, Wen, please do let us know where and when you'll be playing, I'll be sure to head down!

hey jeepers,
i just got him to lathe and hammer it a bit... i never really took pictures of it before modification, so a bit pointless to to do so now. anyways, you might wanna check out some other options before you look into skiba, there's a lot of good cymbals out there now. i've played some zildjians, istanbuls, bosphorus and sabians that i've really liked... and istanbul and bosphorus can be gotten for some pretty good prices. i think skiba's helpful if you know exactly what you want, but as i said, i don't know when he's going to be doing modifications again.

I see, very true. Yup, would only get Skiba-fied pies if I've got spare dough. Traded pms with Agopsalott just the other day and especially after hearing his Azure soundclips, I must say I'm thoroughly impressed with Agop's dedication and willingness to experiment and come up with new sounds on a regular basis.

Many thanks for your wise words!

The Tanglin CC holds Jazz Jam sessions every Sunday afternoon from 2-6pm (public holidays excepted). All are welcome. It's probably the only session on Sundays afternoon where you get to interact with the pros and the newbies alike...some of the top bassists, guitarists, pianists, and sax players regularly drop by. There are also many young players, eg., La Salle jazz students and graduates who come for the experience of playing with other jazz musicians. Drummers always welcome to sit in - if they are comfortable with the material being played. No better place to get started esp for those wanting to play bebop/combo jazz.

Dear all here

Tomorrow is a Sunday (17th May 2008) and the best thing is (Monday is a Holiday) ..... and just as stipulated by our Bro Blofeld here - Tanglin CC will have their Usual Jazz Jam Session from 2pm to 6pm..............

Fellow Drummers here (into Jazz) - Let's go down in the afternoon tomorrow and have some FUN, and we can have coffee once again tomorrow, or chit-chat and share like always........The main thing is - Let's Have Fun Bros/Sis....

Anyone going? - - - I will be there, and have some fun-learning, can pick up alot of little things here & there from the Regulars & MOre Experience Jazz Players there.....call me tomorrow ok at 97989977, if you're going.

Cheers ! everyone.

Warmest Regards

Eric

Dear all here

Tomorrow is a Sunday (17th May 2008) and the best thing is (Monday is a Holiday) ..... and just as stipulated by our Bro Blofeld here - Tanglin CC will have their Usual Jazz Jam Session from 2pm to 6pm..............

Fellow Drummers here (into Jazz) - Let's go down in the afternoon tomorrow and have some FUN, and we can have coffee once again tomorrow, or chit-chat and share like always........The main thing is - Let's Have Fun Bros/Sis....

Anyone going? - - - I will be there, and have some fun-learning, can pick up alot of little things here & there from the Regulars & MOre Experience Jazz Players there.....call me tomorrow ok at 97989977, if you're going.

Cheers ! everyone.

Warmest Regards

Eric

Hey bro

Nice to have met u yesterday at the jazz jam at Tanglin. Hope to see u play next time :)

-Prakash.

Hey bro

Nice to have met u yesterday at the jazz jam at Tanglin. Hope to see u play next time :)

-Prakash.

I did before you came - a Jazz Song. hehehe !. Yeah was nice to meet you. You're very fast and a very Groovy Drummer.... you the brother from Thompson Big Band before har? ....great to meet you.

OK lad - post some pics here at the Tanglin Jazz Jam - but quite blurr. (too Bad - I didn't capture the Video on the Trade 8 -4 - 2 - 1) that was nice.eeeeeeeeeeeeee Aiyah Wasted lah.

TCC1.jpg

TCC2.jpg

TCC3.jpg

Last edited:

My bad...I came late..didnt see you play..lol. Thanks for the kind words man..am still learning ..lots of good players here in the forum already. Yep..I did play for Thomson Jive(band 3) for about a year. Thanks a lot for posting the pictures. Catch up with you again bro :)

Cheers.

Back