Recommend me a kick-ass bedroom+gig amp!

metalhead1993

hey guys, i dont know crap about guitar amps so please help me out here. I want to buy an amp thats suitable for both bedroom practising and playing live. Are there amps that have like two outputs, perhaps one is to reduce a 100 watt amp to like 10 watts to suit bedroom playing, cos i don't want my neighbours to complain. Pls do recommend me a few you have in mind.Oh ya and my budget's around 1k++. Cheers! :D

Egnater Tourmaster 4100? one kick ass of an amp... but pricewise it's way off ur budget... can't think of anything in the 1000+ range...

Orange Tiny Terror. It's tiny, only 15 watts and 7 watts variable but it can handle big clubs greatly, and will sound like one mad crazy monster once you crank it up! I'm using it for bedroom use, I have used it live for a fairly big auditorium and only turned it up to 1 o'clock and it was already pretty loud. It's about 800 bucks second hand.

Joe

U can try the Sound Drive SG612R at Standard Value, its a real kickass amp, 50 watter though so u'll need an attenuator. But once u crank it it'll give u a great drive that sounds very much like a tube amp. It's well within ur budget range too! Car can take it no problem.

hahah not really. jimmy page has too many trademark tones from so many different amps. he uses lots more amps like hiwatt, vox, rickenbacker, amps that are impossible to find.

i'm just a sucker for plexi tones. and reason being angus young. its simplicity at its very best. ritchie blackmore also used a JMP, my favourite metal guitarist randy rhoads uses a hot rodded JMP known as the 1959RR.

Last edited:
Heh.. Recommend my amp.. Randall RG100SC..

Very authentic solid state tones (don't think of the harsh ones, but of the Roland Jazz Chorus kind)..

My master volume is always at 2, and clean channel at 4.. Performed to a crowd of almost a 1000 in my school, my clean channel volume was around 8, master still 2.. Very very loud, superb tone IMO.. Plus, low volume high volume still great tone..

oh yeah. and TS, if u dont know shit abt amps, do ur research before venturing into tube amps. u might not know how to appreciate it or use it properly.

hahah not really. jimmy page has too many trademark tones from so many different amps. he uses lots more amps like hiwatt, vox, rickenbacker, amps that are impossible to find.

i'm just a sucker for plexi tones. and reason being angus young. its simplicity at its very best. ritchie blackmore also used a JMP, my favourite metal guitarist randy rhoads uses a hot rodded JMP known as the 1959RR.

ha , dont forget those Orange amps which Page used.
yea lots of these 70's rock legends used plexis , classic tones !

haha ok thx you guys for yr wise advice. Hmm do you guys think its ok if i buy a peavey 5150 or the reissued version the 6505 and play it in my bedroom? Or will i like kill all my neighbour's rabbits...

Try a VOX Valvetronix 100VT.

yeah i know its a 100 watter but cool thing is tht you can lower the watts down and play it at low watts. If you need a GIG amp. bring this with you and you can yank it up back to a hundred. this thing is loud!. Affordable at city music. very nice preamps but the down side is that it dosent take dist pedals too well. This thing is pretty big and heavy. so depending if you can accommodate some space for it. its worth it.

Get the footswitch. It really comes in handy.

AD100VT-lg.jpg

If you are looking for a vintage sound, this is it at an affordable price.

:D

Last edited:
Back