SOLD WTS/WTT High end USA amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmpFreak

Say you are

1) Hunting for a solid, durable "go to" amp in all situations, be it home, jamming or gigging.

2) Finding a "1 amp to rule them all" for your budget of around $1000.

3) Looking to upgrade from your small crappy practice amp, just wanna buy a GOOD sounding and reliable amp and forget about ever upgrading or worrying or gassing about amp EVER again.

then you are looking at the right advertisement.

You see, all of us guitarists hanker for great tone, or "the tone" but unfortunately many of us search in the wrong direction. Especially for us right here in Singapore where most of us live in densely populated apartments. Unlike our American counterparts who can crank their high gain high end tube amps in their garage, we can only do so from our bedroom most of the time.

What I'm saying is, high gain high end tube amps are great but if you can't crank them up, you are not unleashing them to their full potential, it's like owning a Ferrari but can only drive at 1st gear. Some of us recognise this and go for low wattage low cost tube amps for the bedroom, but hey, while they may satisfy your clean playing, they can't give you the high gain that you crave for. Not to mention some of them are made cheaply in China.

Enter the Peavey Transformer 112. If you played this before in Swee Lee you already know how awesome this is. Otherwise, do yourself a favour and google it to find out what it is capable of. Ultra reliable amp made in USA, and full solid state so you won't have to maintain it like a full tube amp or hybrid tube amp. In a nutshell, this amp can get you sparkling cleans to downright brutal and heavy distortion, and everything in between. 12" and 50w, even turning the volume to a mere 9 o'clock will irritate your neighbours, but with this amp, you won't sacrifice tone for low volume. Godly tone, ultra reliable, can use for different situations from the bedroom to the stage, what else can you ask for? With this amp, you can throw all your drive and distortion pedals away, because the onboard drives and distortions on this amp are THAT DAMN GOOD.

A good amp is a good amp regardless of tube or solid state, and I can say this solid state amp PWNS the low wattage low cost tube amp combos below $1000 in terms of brutal distortion, versatility and reliability.

In mint condition. Foot switch included. Bought from Swee Lee, list price is $1605, asking for $900 only. This is much better than the overhyped Korea made Blackstar, China made Jet City or other tube amps under $1000. Don't expect those small puny tube amps under $1000 to sound better than this, if you want better than this then cough up a few thousands for ENGL, Mesa Boogie etc.

I'm looking to trade with guitar, not amp.

Here's an idea of some trades I'm in favour of:

Toneczar Openhaus
s/s/s Strat with alder or ash body MIJ/MIA
Les Pauls (Edwards, Epiphone MIK/MIJ, Gibson Studio, Burny/Tokai/Greco MIJ etc)
Fixed bridge or Floyd Rose Superstrats

Either direct trade or you topup depending on your item's value. I won't be topping up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back