PODXT users

siva

hi .. im sure there are quite a few podxt users here.

i would like to knw wat amps u all run them thru.

cos im currently tinking of an amp change :)

Hi,
I am currently using Yamaha DG 60. However i am looking to change to a keyboard amp due to its Flat Response, shd be able to get tones that sound almost like thru the PA system. Thats what i really need. :)
Roland KC 60 or behringer are good choice.
Heard laney can be good too for its price.

Leb

Hi Guys

The POD XT works very well in a full range system such as headphones, active full range speakers/studio monitors, hi-fi speakers, PA speakers, Keyboard amps. Of course the final result still depends on the performance of these full range speakers. For example, if you plug them into small computer speakers, they will sound small as compared to stage loudspeakers.

Leb is absolutely right about these speakers having a flat EQ response. The POD XT have to be setup in "Direct" mode under "What are you connecting to?" menu page. The output from the POD XT would be as if the amp model chosen is being MIC-ed up and going straight into the full range system.

Of course the POD XT works perfectly fine when connected to a guitar amp too which have a mid frequency response. In this case you need to select "Combo" or "Stack" under the "What are you connecting to?" page. This will make the guitar amp being connected sound like the other amps modeled into the POD XT.

Cheers!

Hey City Music,
What kind of speakers will u recommend me to get if i have a budget of 300-400?
Only will be using it for home playing. Am i able to plu gin multiple insturments?

im getting my 'dream' thru my com speakers ..

love the way the tone is ..

i am using ' STUDIO DIRECT' .. actually .i always use STUDIO DIRECT even when i connect to my 10 watter at home .. or the big daddys when i jam.

im satisfied with my tone and all .. BUT . i was wondering .. how do i get a tone that is similar or even better exactly like how it sounds thru com speakers.

wat kinda amp ?

plz gimme ur much sought after advice ! :)

Hi Guys

To follow up on what we have been discussing, we do have some professional studio monitors to consider which will do the job pretty well. The prices ranges from $480-$640 per pair. http://www.citymusic.com.sg/prd_wharf.html#pm

There are also many computer speakers in the market which are pretty affordable and sounds really good. Perhaps you can visualise if you play a CD player through these different full range comp speakers, normally if the CD sounds really good, your POD XT will sound good too as it's able to handle a wide range of frequency well.

A few key notes to keep in mind besides price:

1) Speaker size (the bigger the speaker, the better the low freq range, sub-woofer is optional and subjective)
2) Power handling (how loud can the speaker go without distorting)
3) Frequency response and clarity (if the speakers response if muffled, then you can't hear much detail in the POD XT's amp modeling)

Full range stage monitors (wedge/fallback design) can perform very well with the POD XT in "Direct" setup too. The same principle as mentioned above applies too, but at a very much higher volume (they are usuall 200W of power and above)

Cheers!!

hmmm ..

could i try out the podxt thru the studio monitors at citymusic then ?

am kinda keen at getting a pair if it really works out well

btw .. can go simlim or wat get those speakers anot ? hah

i ran my PODXT through my Ibanez TB25R..it sounded great..i also tried plugging it in to my church's P.A system and it sounded wonderful maybe cos my church spent $120,000 just on sound..haha..well..with your budget..you could get my Ibanez TB25R or TB50R at swee lee if you want..

i use a laney mxd120 twin on the fx loop to coonect the podxt..
i like it that way...cool as a cucumber... :lol:

byw i bought this amp coz i cant find a suitable 2*12 cabs..
the podxt tone is better if connected to tube poweramp..

Back