Need recommendations on guitars.

teleplayer

Hi guys. Do you guys have any electric guitars with:
1) Floyd rose/ something like a floyd rose able to pull up and locking one.
2) Mahogany body
3) somehow classic shape (not like dimebag's kinda guitar)

I have been gassing for burny RLC-80S 2009 SW
rlc70s_sw.jpg

source: http://www.fernandes.co.jp/products/burny_guitar/img/rlc/rlc70s_sw.jpg

Anyone tried before this? very interested in this because of the sustainer. haha. Thanks in advance! :D

Hi guys. Do you guys have any electric guitars with:
2) Mahogany body
3) somehow classic shape (not like dimebag's kinda guitar)

When you say "classic shape", would you consider a strat-like shape to be classic? Or are you specifically looking at LP copies?

If you don't mind the Strat/Super Strat, then there's the Ibanez S series; mahogany body, with floyd type bridge.

How about a Schecter C-1 FR ?

Yes.

2) Mahogany body
Yes.

3) Somehow classic shape (not like dimebag's kinda guitar)
Maybe

Last edited:
for me a fr guitar must have accesible frets la.. see the lp, restricts speed.
as for me, ill get a superstrat or maybe a fr strat.

I have been gassing for burny RLC-80S 2009 SW
rlc70s_sw.jpg

source: http://www.fernandes.co.jp/products/burny_guitar/img/rlc/rlc70s_sw.jpg

Anyone tried before this? very interested in this because of the sustainer. haha. Thanks in advance! :D

I've had the RLC-60S (same thing just without floyd rose) and i can tell you it was my single biggest regret to trade it away.I got it when i was a beginner so i didn't know how awesome the sustainer really is, but when you get down to it just think of the longest sustain you've ever heard. Beautiful long notes (e.g. Santana's sustain when he was younger). Then imagine doing that at will to any sound you already have configured. While using a compressor/sustainer pedal and stuff does that as well, unlike these pedal mods which tend to add a large amount of gain and hence noise, the burny sustainer does this naturally on the guitar so even if you are on a clean tone your sustain is still same volume, clean, but sustains forever (until your batt dies)

As far as I am concerned, imho you don't really need a floyd rose, it defeats the whole purpose of a les paul? It sorts of kills the sustain, and gets in the way of the knobs and sustainer controls

As far as I am concerned, imho you don't really need a floyd rose, it defeats the whole purpose of a les paul? It sorts of kills the sustain, and gets in the way of the knobs and sustainer controls

+1 to this.

And Tele, you forgot to add one important factor in your question:

4) Budget.

Not the Les Paul Axcess... Those are sweet...

you've tried one before? how's it?

hahaha honestly thats the model that made me go: les pauls with floyd roses are revolting. i judged the book by its cover. the contoured neck is super awesome though. wish i had that on my les paul.

a les paul with a bigsby is the most i can go.. a FR just doesnt do it for me man.
it just makes the les paul look like an ugly offspring between a LP and a superstrat. TS, the sustainer is indeed a good pickup which is awwwesome fun to play with, but its priced really high, good playing and the right effects can give you long sustain too, so do you think its worth to spend almost 300 on a sustainer?

a les paul with a bigsby is the most i can go
but the vibrato u get is very very subtle. at most, its just half a step down when u use the bigsby. not even close to a full step. the bigsby is heavier than a stopbar tailpeice. hence, the saying that a bigsby tailpiece adds sustain. i noticed a slight change in tone though. but very slight its negligable.

but the vibrato u get is very very subtle. at most, its just half a step down when u use the bigsby. not even close to a full step. the bigsby is heavier than a stopbar tailpeice. hence, the saying that a bigsby tailpiece adds sustain. i noticed a slight change in tone though. but very slight its negligable.

so would you say installing your bigsby was a bad choice? i'm kinda contemplating one, though it's mainly for aesthetic purposes

+1 cant agree more with this..

Haha I would not hold it against you but really, using pedals/amps and stuff are not as reliable as using a sustainer. So to each his own. Let's say you are using a not-so-awesome amp and lower wattage - impossible to do the kind of sustain you are talking about. Sustainer does that. So rather than like say, pay 100-200 for a good compressor sustainer pedal rig, risk police reports with a very loud amp, I'd say 300 dollars is a good investment.

In any case, it doesn't cost as much if you get a guitar with the sustainer already in it :mrgreen:

so would you say installing your bigsby was a bad choice? i'm kinda contemplating one, though it's mainly for aesthetic purposes

u want me to be very honest, installing the bigsby for me really wasnt worth it. it cost be 235USD not inclusive of shipping, insurance and installation. the whole total cost ended up at abt 400+ SGD.

i did a thread on the problems the bigsby gave me quite a while back. u can do a search. cosmetically, my bigsby makes my guitar looks like a million bucks. but really there are many more cons than pros.

i dont regret it though, even if i did i cant do anything abt it. i didnt intend to get it because of bragging rights. i just didnt do enough research before getting the bigsby. i only read good things abt them and i didnt read up abt the problems a bigsby tremolo causes. imo, the bigsby B7 on a les paul is a design flaw. refer to my thread.

i personally wouldnt recommend u to put a bigsby B7 on a les paul. on an semi hollow, thats a different story.

Back