Learnt something important about the music scene...

bluepowder

So a few of you may know that I offered free recording/mixing services for bands here...the responses were overwhelming....so i crafted out a schedule to accomodate bands one after the other....the first 20 bands....were incapable of recording a single...from reasons like band members not ready, to song not ready, to need more time( I think 2 hours of tracking time is more than enough to record a single)....some bands even came for recording but had nothing to play.....(obviously they were shown the door).....20 bands.....given a free opportunity to record a demo...not one could deliver....

Although there is much blame being handed to so many reasons as to why the scene is not growing.....its really evident what the main reason is.....

note: this does not hold for all the bands that contacted me....after the first 20 i got fed up....

hehe, what you saw are the part timers/younger folks/free loaders/half fcuk softies who prolly not a very good gague of whats available out there that make up the "scene". There are folks out there who do music and know their stuff. Those are the one to make friends with instead

I guess for those to jump on this free thingy, its either they are desperate, clueless or just starting out and still clueless.

oh, thinking in another direction, those bands/folks who are more tech savy and ready with songs, prolly already knew how easy it is to do home recording at home with the right tool and thus didnt jump on the wagon.

Last edited:
what a wasted opportunity.

i had initially wanted to have a go, along with my band, but i knew that we werent ready, as we didnt jam regularly, surely other bands know where they stand?

oh goshhh

hehe, what you saw are the part timers/younger folks/free loaders/half fcuk softies who prolly not a very good gague of whats available out there that make up the "scene". There are folks out there who do music and know their stuff. Those are the one to make friends with instead

I guess for those to jump on this free thingy, its either they are desperate, clueless or just starting out and still clueless.

oh, thinking in another direction, those bands/folks who are more tech savy and ready with songs, prolly already knew how easy it is to do home recording at home with the right tool and thus didnt jump on the wagon.

yea thats what i figured....but considering the fact that a large number of bands jumped on the free recording band wagon...and comparing that number to the number of bands who actually have credible material out there...well that ratio is whats an eye opener ..... i think a lot of the youngsters out there really need to evaluate what they want musically from themselves and as a band.....cos there's really noone to blame but ourselves....

what a wasted opportunity.

i had initially wanted to have a go, along with my band, but i knew that we werent ready, as we didnt jam regularly, surely other bands know where they stand?

oh goshhh

yea and i appreciate your honesty....far better than people who wasted my time

Pffftt....kids these days. No talent, no desire, no drive.....but they're in a band because they think it's COOL to be in a band...honestly.

Of course there are those who are serious about their music....but that's just a minority.

That's really screwed up.

Think they're more apt at queueing up for Hello Kitty giveaways.

Nonetheless, I take my hats off to you brutha Blue for your effort, don't lose hope, you're one in a million.

now everything shortcut, instant...3 in 1 coffee..fast food..mp3...10 mins haircut...

thats why many thought music is like that too...just pick up a guitar..can play band already...sigh..

guess we need to educate the young ones that music is hardwork....not a TOY..

sacrificing many other things to practise..to do your homework before coming to studio.....

I suggest that you charge a fee, cos no one will take freebies seriously.

And for those "bands" who wasted your time the first time round, put them in your black list.

On the topic of funny people on soft

Him: psp still available?
Me: yeah bro
Him: 120 to deal?
Me: are you serious? im selling for 180 and you offer 120?
Him: kinda on budget. been a long time wanting psp but not enuf money. nt a rich person.
Me: too bad then
Him: watch ur language. dun disrespect ppl. wads your lowest offer?
Me: 180
Him: too bad nobody wna buy since u post for quite some time alr.
Me: at least i have the money to get a f u k i n g psp

by the way I already sold the PSP, but it could have been sold earlier if I didn't get 2 guys backing out last minute.

Yes.. Say sorry nao

Anyway, just curious bluepowder, where these bands mostly teenagers? Or what?

I know there were a coupla bands that were older...the others im not sure.....

I dunno if the quality of my recording was just too low for the more serious bands to appreciate....BUT...I have decided....that Im gonna record everything myself and put it up....noone to blame but me then

I really dun have any problems with the bands that said sorry dude we dun have a song ready please move on...the ones that showed up without a song...and the ones that kept pushing the date....irritated the hell outta me....

serves me right...try to do something nice..

Back