Korg Triton Le88

Would you pay $3000 for a Korg Triton Le88 with a stand?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Would have paid more

• Whats a Korg Triton Le88?

• Total voters

Aman

I have been trying to post up an ad and its not working. I was just interested in seeing here if people would pay $3000 for a Korg Triton Le88 with a stand thats in the same condition it came in.

I'm not really into keyboards, and I haven't been able to use mine the way I have wanted to and I want to sell it. It would just be interesting to know what people would think of a sale like this.

I'm not familiar with keyboard, but if I not wrong the Le series of the triton is budget based. If the 61keys version goes for under $2k brand new retail. Your asking of $3k for a used 88keys version won't get you any buyer.

Christmas sale saw the le61 going for $1575. So as a guide max you can sell for a used le88 is about $1.5k for someone who desperately needs that particular model.

If not, I guess if you (seller) are the desperate one, you could only command like $800- $1K max. Lower if you hit a dry market. Furthermore a 88key non-piano style keyboard is not popular at all.

Good point

Thats a good point, but I bought this for 4200 and its in the same condition. It does have a piano hard touch to it.

Korg Triton studio

Korg just discontinued the Triton studio product line.
So this may affect your asking price.

Other factors: right now in the market the Yamaha S08 an 88key synth with
piano touch is retailing at $1990, so no one might consider a Triton LE88
for more than $2000. Moreover Triton LE is consider a lower-end synth engine.

I own a Korg SP300 which I bought new for about $1500++,
if I want new sounds I just MIDI a module to it.

Previoulsy, there were people selling a used Alesis QS8 for $450
and recently someone sold a used Roland Fantom88 at $800. Both are 88keys piano hard keys touch. So for your 88key synth, either you keep
it and utilise it fully or sell it at rock-bottom price.

My observation in the used market is people are willing to let go their gear at less than half of the retail price they bought. Majority of Singaporeans are an affluence lot, so buying first hand new gear not a problem, selling it off at a quarter of the price also no problem.

Triton extreme61, the latest Korg flagship workstation retails at $2945 in City music last yr-end sale. A M-audio 88keys piano touch MIDI contoller cost about $800 plus at Sinamex and a Yamaha Motif ES rack costs $1800, so for the price of $3000, I can get 2 gear and still have change for a buffet meal.

Just my a little cents of info...

used gear is used gear

Used gear is used gear. I mean I could put this in a shop and people would play it, look at and hear it, and think it was new, but now thats its not being used in my house rather than a shop, it becomes used enough to go for a lot less. Interesting isn't it?

I know what you're saying. Thats the way things work.

Back