KittyWu presents alternative rock pioneers B*TCH MAGNET (US)

e

bm_postera3lr.jpg

“Probably more than any other band, B*tch Magnet sent me in the direction I took with the music I have tried to make.”
- Ian Williams (Battles, Don Caballero)

“Bitch Magnet created this amazing equilibrium between heaviness/prettiness and density/space. These juxtapositions were explored by a ton of bands at the time, but B*tch Magnet wrote songs.”
–Mac McCaughan (Superchunk, Merge Records co-founder)

Formed in the fall of 1986 by Jon Fine (guitar) and Park Sooyoung (bass and vocals) and Orestes Morfín (drums), B*TCH MAGNET have been recognized as a significant influence on generations of aggressive and musically complex bands, including Mogwai, Don Caballero, Rodan, June of 44 and Battles.

B*TCH MAGNET, inactive since 2004, had their entire remastered B*tch Magnet catalog, plus six previously unreleased tracks, released as a triple-CD and a limited edition triple-LP in late 2011 by Temporary Residence Limited. It was greeted by rapturous critical responses from outlets ranging from the New York Times to Total Guitar, including four-star reviews in Rolling Stone and Mojo and a five-star review in Uncut.

The post-hardcore pioneers reunited at All Tomorrow’s Parties “Nightmare Before Christmas” festival in December 2011, and the band also performed a handful of dates in the UK, Europe and North East Asia in late 2011.

Those performances marked the first onstage appearance of the band’s original recorded lineup – Morfin, Park and Fine – since 1989.

B*TCH MAGNET will be joined by Singapore band AMATEUR TAKES CONTROL.

KittyWu presents B*TCH MAGNET (US)
Friday, 13 April 2012
Doors open at 8pm
HOME CLUB, 20 Upper Circular Road, #B1-01/06, The Riverwalk
Tickets: SGD25 (Advance) / SGD30 (Door)

http://kittywurecords.wordpress.com/events/bitchmagnet/

Back