Jonas Brothers - A Little Bit Longer

SmFizz

alblcover.jpg

Before you guys start ripping this album up, i'll take the chance to say that their effort put into this album is quite commendable, with songs like ''Burnin Up'' , which is a smoothly constructed pop track that is infectiously catchy. The song quite successfully combines power chords with a R&B sort of vibe. They sort of move from style to style, from rock to pop and then to ballad (Lovebug)...

However, after listening to a few tracks, it unfortunately grows tiresome, due to somewhat similar construction of a couple of songs. Listening to Nick Jonas sing in his ''falsetto'' voice on the whole album eventually gets boring. Overall, this album is definetely worth a listen though, as i don't think its only meant for obsessed fan girls lol

couple of songs that caught my attention:

Burnin Up
Lovebug
Tonight
Video Girl
One Man Show

Rating: 72%

EWWWW ! Dun like those brothers man .
Are there any male fans of jonas brothers?
smFizz are you?

i actually start to really really really hate them on the song 'Love Bug' coz of the guitar bendings on the solo, i think it sounds really bad . Sounds like you're on constipation in the toilet while playing the guitar . Not saying that nick jonas too, sounds like his in constipation and struggling while singing .

Anywaes i appreciate those brothers for making their new successful album and having a lot of fans(should i say 90% of the fans are girls)around the world .

nah i juz wanted to see why ppl hate them so i borrowed the cd...and its not too bad actually...

My point of view.
The songs are nice for its own genre. Really not bad.
Everyone have their own opinions like how i hated hiphop. haha.

i actually start to really really really hate them on the song 'Love Bug' coz of the guitar bendings on the solo, i think it sounds really bad . Sounds like you're on constipation in the toilet while playing the guitar . Not saying that nick jonas too, sounds like his in constipation and struggling while singing .

i still hate them for being a bunch of pansy faggots, BUT i do commend them for writing infectiously catchy songs

and about those bends, theyre nice bends, better than most guitarists his age in singapore

i still hate them for being a bunch of pansy faggots, BUT i do commend them for writing infectiously catchy songs

and about those bends, theyre nice bends, better than most guitarists his age in singapore

Haha! I guess they're fine if they don't play guitar. Think many here don't like them just because they don't play guitar well enough to justify their fame

For me I don't really hate them. I just don't like their music. If I want bubblegum pop, Jonas Brothers aren't bad. But usually I don't, so I'd prefer not to diss the band, but instead go for something else. I heard that they claim to be guitarists and all-rocker and stuff, but I don't know for sure so I won't comment. But if they're trying to be rockers but releasing the music they are now, I would have an even stronger distaste for them.

I heard that they claim to be guitarists and all-rocker and stuff, but I don't know for sure so I won't comment. But if they're trying to be rockers but releasing the music they are now, I would have an even stronger distaste for them.

i think its disney thats making them look like such huge rockstars
btw i like lovebug :D

i dont get why ppl hate them so much. their music is mainly for tweens after all...
i rmb sum 1 said he didnt like them cause they play gibsons. Wtf is wrong about that??

i rmb sum 1 said he didnt like them cause they play gibsons. Wtf is wrong about that??

cos they're jealous.. its pretty obvious right

stop calling me joe jonas!!

i dont hate them. they're musicians after all. i just dont listen to them and because of personal preference, i dislike their music. thats why its not nice to be called joe jonas :evil: the kind of music i make is worlds apart. i'm not a metalhead, neither am i a metal fan, but just try calling a metalhead joe jonas and see what happens :mrgreen:

yea joe but rmb that flame thread that was up a few months ago..
i think u were the one who said their not good enough to be playing gibsons or something?

i think u were the one who said their not good enough to be playing gibsons or something?

i wouldnt say that. definitely. if i rmb correctly i said 'i think most ppl dont like the fact they play gibson because they arent good enough' cant rmb though.

but u got to know this. that thread was filled with comments from very very childish ppl. especially that nicholas bang guy. so do understand

in all honesty, i don't like their music and their voices, but that's just my opinion.

but they've attained fame and fortune and lived the lives of rockstars; what many of us can only dream of, so kudos to them.

^^^ yea and they dont appear on hannah montana :D

haha....and actually their songs are quite well written ,most ppl prolly wont b able to write songs like that..

OKay.

If jonas brothers don't play guitar on stage, i will listen to them...

Because their songs do not need 3-4 guitars.

They are like using guitars just to look nice on stage.

And try to look like...

Buckethead-7840.jpg

when they are...

425.jonas.brothers.052108.jpg

source: www.google.com

I'm sure many of softies here love musical instruments and see them as humans. But some people just use them to look nice on stage. isn't that disrespecting a musical instrument?

I'm not saying that you must play solo or shred on stage to hold a guitar. But jonas brothers are not really a band.. (band here refers to a drummer, bassist, rhythm guitar,lead guitar, vocalist) so ya... i can't accept the fact that a band without drummer/bass to play 2/3 electric guitars....

I just can't stand those chinese singers/ western singers who do not credit the whole band openly. Without instruments, will their songs sound nice???
and some chinese singers like wu bai can really play guitar but some like the lin jun jie uses an electric guitar to pose on magazine covers when he doesn't really includes electric guitar playing in his songs.

teleplayer, just admit it..

u're jealous. there's nothing wrong. i bet if they played epiphones u wont be making any noise. i wont hide my feelings also. i am envious they have gibson custom shop guitars. i too will want one. but thats just the way it is. some ppl are just richer than u.

so if bill gates wants to learn guitar. he goes to guitar centre, comes home with a marshall stack and a custom shop gibson just because he thinks they look nice. he doesnt know how to play a shit. is that disrespecting the instrument?

what u said abt being a band then can carry guitars made no sense.

learning guitar for first time and using like 3 or 4 guitars for their kind of song is different....

yeah they are not trying to be like buckethead... but i am just trying to show that they are trying to be a rock star holding guitars....

(i'm sure zax will come in...)

They are not rock stars, they are a pop band. And yea, we are all jealous of their fame and success cos we know of musicians who are better than them. :mrgreen: But well, life isn't fair all the time, especially for artists and musicians.

Back