Help: Rackmount Effects

Saile

Hi guys,

As I am switching to rackmount effects for the first time,I need some advice as to how to connect them and link them to a MIDI Foot Controller.If lets say I have 4 rackmount effects,can the MIDI foot controller be connected all the four effects or I have to buy separately for each rack effect? Can recommend some good MIDI foot controllers which can control more than 4 rackmount effects altogether?.Thanks.

yes, a MIDI foot controller will allow you to control more than one rackmount unit at a time.

the Voodoo lab GCX Ground Control is a pretty cost-effective solution.

if you want to go higher end, maybe look at TC Electronic?

swee lee warehouse showroom has a wide selection of SKB rack cases. these are what i used last time - affordable and sturdy.

if you want professional custom-made wooden flightcase racks, there's a couple of local companies that make them, but they ain't cheap. let me know if you want the contacts.

Just connect Midi In, Midi out/thru..Then can control all rack effectors.
But if U want to use different preamp of want to use with other stomp pedals, I recommend using rack interface.
like Rocktron Patch mate...

Midi controller is not important..
Rocktron Midimate or Behringer FCB-1010 are enough.
But if U want to control amp channel, then have to use more nice one.

But if U want to use different preamp of want to use with other stomp pedals, I recommend using rack interface.

Midi controller is not important..
Rocktron Midimate or Behringer FCB-1010 are enough.
But if U want to control amp channel, then have to use more nice one.

may i know where to get the behringer FCB1010?
im thinking of getting it together with the gmajor for my mesa mark iv

can the fcb1010 control the mark iv channel?

Hi there, dont really understand what you mean.. do you have a schematic diagram to show me?Thanks.

Hi there, dont really understand what you mean.. do you have a schematic diagram to show me?Thanks.

bro, what he means is..

if you just want to control a few rack processors, a simple MIDI controller like those he suggested will suffice.

however, if you want to integrate individual stompbox pedals into your rack rig (like some of the pros do), you'll need a more capable MIDI unit that can handle that kinda thing.

for example, Scott Henderson combines rack effects with stompboxes as well as a tube guitar amp, and he controls all of them using a high-end CAE MIDI controller.

eg:
http://www.dhenderson.com/PhpImages...50&sessionid=b8d5f9bffbf21de31b55b558f96027cd

Hydesg,

the local Beringher dealers are Luther Music at Excelsior Hotel and Hung Bros at Sim Lim Square.

Anyone out there who is an expert in the field of rackmount effects can give me some valuable advice?Thanks.

i do believe the above posts were from people with respectable experience with rackmounts. and they have actually answered the question

Anyone out there can recommend me a good MIDI foot controller which can control up to 4 rackmount effects and it is portable ,easy to carry around as well? Thanks.

Back