Guitar Gloves.

Synester

Hey guys,when i play guitar after a while my palms get sweaty,and sometimes sliding is impeded.Should i get a pair of fingerless gloves,like Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance of Avenged Sevenfold?If so,where do i get them?

Huh? What has fingerless gloves gotta do with sweaty palms and sliding?

It does.. Haha.. I use gloves since I sweat like crazy and my slides and barred chords get a LITTLE affected.. Cut freaking holes in the gloves so that my fingers are still mobile..
But now that I know a7x uses it, I think I should stop doing that.. -_-

gee guys,im just saying that A7X uses them,i don't remember any other bands using em,im just asking if the gloves help in preventing sweaty palms from impeding guitar playing,not if they will look good on me or just because i'm an A7X fan.

I think those leather gloves are only for cosmetic purposes. Leather will only make your palms sweat even more.

You can try finding cotton gloves then cut off the fingers and thumb of the gloves, not of your hands ;).

imho, having a pair of glove, only contain the sweat from within,, away from the guitar neck, but if having heavy sweating problem, it might make the problem worsen with the glove.

Anyway, try beach road market. Get those couple dollars fake leather glove(or biker glove some called it), chop off whats necessary so that finger can penetrate it.

heh, if wanna look "doctor and patient" on geetar, get latex surgical glove..
icon10.gif

651500NIB0211.jpg

Try beach road sure got half gloves, like what PatheinRaindropMoe said, got mine from there . Anyway i think it does helps, but feels quite weird after playing for quite awhile then need to take off the glove to cool your hand.

i agree with harrison. theres the thread where i doubt the the guy even has sweaty palms and use it as an excuse to want to wear gloves. getit?

Haha don't be so bad!

I think he was just using Syn and Zacky as examples.

I do believe those gloves can help in a certain way haha. But if your sweating is EXCESSIVE then i think gloves might make it worse.

Get a pair to try? You never know how much simple things like gloves can help!

Cheers.

well the gloves would definitley make you sweat more but it would absorb it too right?
unless it's pvc or smth and it all drips/oozes out ><

Haha don't be so bad!

I think he was just using Syn and Zacky as examples.

I do believe those gloves can help in a certain way haha. But if your sweating is EXCESSIVE then i think gloves might make it worse.

Get a pair to try? You never know how much simple things like gloves can help!

Cheers.

Thanks so much buddy,i was just seriously using Synyster and Zacky for references.And one can't doubt that their guitar playing is smooth,especially Synyster.

I still don't get how it works.. Can someone explain? If one has sweaty palms, wouldn't gloves make the palm sweat even more cause of trapped heat?

Gloves absorbing sweat? Yes they do, but if they're fingerless, and fingers are the only body part which are actually touching the strings, sliding or not, what the hell are you guys talking about? I'm 100% clueless and I still think any fingerless oh-so-cool black leather gloves worn during guitar playing are purely aesthetic... Enlighten me please!

Back