Favourite Guitar Player

wah, did everyone forget Eric Clapton or is it just me? lol.

Jimmy Page, Jack White, The Edge, Josh Homme, Hugh Harris (The Kooks, he has some pretty awesome licks.), Troy Van Leeuwen, Dave Grohl, Chris Shiflett.

A lot of guitarists on Soft are into rock and shred. Hence it's the usual suspects who appear on threads like these. Only a minority are into jazz and blues and blues-rock and the like. I like Eric Clapton's acoustic guitar playing. :)

Come to think of it, I also like George Thorogood's playing, but sometimes a bit overboard haha.

Electric Guitar: Joe Satriani
Eric Johnson
Jimmy Page
John Petrucci
Yngwie Malmsteen

Acoustic Guitar: Andy McKee (This guy is an absolute genius. Just go listen to Rylynn and Drifting. 'Nuff said)
Tommy Emmanuel
Justin King

Dave Mustaine
Kirk Hammett
Alex Lifeson
Ace Frehley
Jeff Beck
Jimmy Page
Steve Vai
Paul Gilbert

I still prefer Dave Mustaine cause he is the man who inspired me to pick up electric guitar after listening to
Peace Sells and Rust in Peace.

Last edited:
I don't really play guitar a lot or neither very good at it, but here's my favourite guitarist(s) in no particular order (sorry, there are too many awesome ones out there to only have 1)

Slash - Like his guitar tone
Steve Vai - Versatile player imo
John Petrucci - He can play really fast and still sound good
Jimmy Page - I'm a Zeppelin fan. So many good riffs and solos from this guy, a true legend.
Ritchie Blackmore - Just listen to his music, it's so soulful.
Chris Poland - Ex-Megadeth guitarist. Extremely good guitar phrasing and tone. He came out with a solo album after he left Deth and now plays in a jazz band.
Paul Gilbert - I haven't listened to a lot of his work yet, but so far the ones I have I really like em.
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Just started listening to his music, and I'm loving it!

Back