EMG - ZW

What´s up?

Me is proud to say that I´ve juz bought myself a EMG - ZW model....SGD 260 at Davis....very nice...very powerful...I like

Tried the 85 in neck and 81 in bridge...the 81 sounded very nice when soloing but really weak if you wana comp not enough bass...actually you could say there is no bass...really weak

85 sounded great playing lead...nice strong mids...fairly bright but not as bright as the 81

I felt that the bass was way too strong on the 85...did not sound even way soloing.

Eventually I switched the pickups ard...thought that it sounded really well. Great combo...81 sounded really nice for soloing on the neck...slightly trebly...85 kick major a$$ not bad for solos but really good for comping...especially for metal...

Overall the pickups are very clean and does not sound muddy. Each string is very even in sound...no one string sounded louder.

Great buy....
icon_biggrin.gif

-Beast

cheers Beast on your EMGs!!!
icon_smile.gif

What are the differences between active Pick-ups compared to Passive ones?? other then requirin batteries...?

Btw, how does Metallica get that very acoustic tone from EMGs? Songs like "Nothing Else Matters, One"

i tot Active PUs were rather electronic? Or is it their efx pedals?? Anyone??
icon_confused.gif

Thanks!!
icon_wink.gif

What´s up?

That acoustic tone...from a acoustic guitar loh not from EMGs...IMHO...I dun believe in using those amp sim or single coil or acoustic sim to that the sound...you wan a single coil go get a single...want a Marshall Stack sould go get a Wall of Marshall Stack and

ROCK ON DUDE

-Beast

Back