Dimarzio Breed = weak?

popeye

Hi...
I'm pairing Dimarzio X2N in bridge with a Breed in neck. And I found that the Breed is ridiculously very weak compare to the X2N. I set it very high that it almost touching the strings and the X2N like sink below the pickguard and the X2N still louder than the Breed..

Is there anything wrong with my setup? or is it normal?

Bridge pickups should be louder than neck pickups. But yeah, dont jam the breed too close to the strings or you might get some quirks with sound. The X2N is supposed to overpower. yeap. Alternately, you could try a Breed Bridge, in the neck ... Thats got a little more output. Conversely, you can put higher output, bridge pickups, in the neck, to balance out the X2N. Eg. Super Distortion, Evolution, Etc.

The thing is, the X2N is meant to overdrive any amp with normal headroom, and have huge power. You'll need something of equal strength, or nearly as strong in the neck, to match.

I beg to differ with Blackmoo... I don't think the Bridge should overpower the neck, or vice versa. They should be of equal volume, on clean.

Popeye, I used to have the X2N and I had a Humbucker From Hell in the neck. Now a HFH, is even lower output than a Breed neck. I had to lower my X2N and raise my HFH. It wasn't an extreme in either case.

I suspect your wiring might be at fault. How does the volume compare when on clean?

guess it might be ur wiring problem..
im using breed neck and breed bridge, excellent output, no problem for me..

ShredCow said:
I beg to differ with Blackmoo... I don't think the Bridge should overpower the neck, or vice versa. They should be of equal volume, on clean.

Popeye, I used to have the X2N and I had a Humbucker From Hell in the neck. Now a HFH, is even lower output than a Breed neck. I had to lower my X2N and raise my HFH. It wasn't an extreme in either case.

I suspect your wiring might be at fault. How does the volume compare when on clean?

Yes I agree with you Shredcow, it should be equal on clean.
That's what I'm trying to achieve. and it's very very difficult to achieve with my current setup.

u gotta back off your breed neck pickup a bit if it's near to touching the strings. putting it too close to the strings kill sustain instead since the strings get pulled too much from the magnets.

if you're on a guitar with > 3 knobs you might want to consider converting to 2 volume knobs and 1 tone knob... then u can control the volume from there instead.

thor666 said:
u gotta back off your breed neck pickup a bit if it's near to touching the strings. putting it too close to the strings kill sustain instead since the strings get pulled too much from the magnets.

if you're on a guitar with > 3 knobs you might want to consider converting to 2 volume knobs and 1 tone knob... then u can control the volume from there instead.

Yes understand. I'm not talking about sustain yet :D It never get equal output on clean with the X2N.

And I only have knob, master volume and tone. It's an RG.

bro did u diy the wiring?
if it is the red wire shld be soldered to the selector switch..green and bare to ground and the white and black soldered together..

unless u wanna split etc...this is standard wiring for dimarzio pu`s..

X2n is one of the best dimarzio product...
im thinking of partnering it with a JBor duncan distortion neck

Back