WTS: Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Wired Monitoring Headphones w/ sheepskin leather earpads

loldude333

Selling off a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M40x wired monitoring headphones. Still in good condition, not used often as i preferred using my studio monitors. About 3 years old. Sound has opened up as the drivers are properly burnt in. Extremely detailed and neutral sound signature, perfect for picking out nuances and also hearing your mix as raw as possible. Also found it surprisingly great for gaming as it is sensitive especially in the treble register.

Poly leather on the headband has flaked off (super common issue with the ATH series), so it is now covered with one of those zippable neoprene sleeves. The original uncomfortable earpads were replaced with black Brainwavz Sheepskin leather earpads w/ memory foam. Supremely soft and comfortable, and accentuates the bass just a little bit more, bringing the EQ to a more pleasing level while not compromising on the sound signature. The insides of the earpads are unfortunately flaking as only the part that is actually made of leather is part touching your head, but unless you're crazy fussy it won't matter once you feel how soft and comfy the new earpads are. I have never used them for long recording sessions so no sweat or oil. I have wiped the earpads down with alcohol for hygiene purposes.

Comes with the original accessories - carrying case, both the coil & straight detachable cables (the straight one has never been used), the gold-plated 3.5mm to 1/4" adaptor and i am throwing in a gold-plated 3.5mm splitter. Box has been recycled due to the bulk.

Looking for $70 nego. Bargain price for a well-taken care of piece of equipment with the upgrades. The pads alone cost $65 including shipping!

Contact eight1two3nine4three0

Back