Cubase help

seekz

Hi does anyone know how to bounce tracks in cubase?

Like as in Channel 2 &3 bounce into a stereo channel 4?
I'm also very interested in bouncing midi tracks to audio, is that possible?

I'm not using Cubase, so can't advise you on how to bounce in Cubase.

But why do you need to bounce midi tracks to audio? If the midi track controls an external sound module, leaving the midi track there will not take up too much CPU resources and so you don't need to "bounce" them. You can record it at the final mix.

The only situation is when your midi track is running something within the PC. If it is powering a VSTi, you can use the freeze function to give you more CPU power if necessary (not available in all Cubase versions, I think). Otherwise, you may have to bounce. The other situation is using softsamplers. In this case, not only your CPU is taxed, your hard-drive is also maxed out. If you have multiple softsamplers tracks, I usually mix them into one audio track first before doing any other recordings. Then you can bounce them if you want.

You don't bounce midi tracks. In the latter cases, you render your midi tracks into audio. Then you bounce them like any other audio tracks.

Yeah i mean to render midi into audio... hehe
Cos I use general midi drum tracks in songs and I realise that as the load(other audio tracks) increases, the midi track becomes VERY inconsistent...

A total pain...

i 'bounce' midi to audio in cubase by going to the record console of my creative audigy and click on 'what you hear' as the recording input. Next i create a new audio track in cubase and set it to record. then mute all other tracks except for the midi track you want to bounce. Then just press record.. the midi track's output should now be recorded as a wave file to the new audio track. voila!

this is provided u are using a creative sound card...

:wink:

Well, I'm using a M-audio one, and thats the way I did... and I felt it shouldnt be the way cos its a DAW, not a tape deck. LOL.

I know logic you can just route the the stuff internally but i can't find that in cubase. Actually one alternative i found was to use a VST and then freeze it, but the cubase built in drums VST LM4 totally sounds like Fark...

hehe. Hey thanx for you insights anyway.

actually if the drums is not to your liking i find tweaking it with lots of EQ and compression sometimes helps... this is only after u converted it to audio of course.

Seekz, I'm pretty sure all the info is in the manual. For Logic, we do it in the mixer environment, select the tracks we want to hear (bounce), a few more clicks on the mouse and it's done. Should be quite easy for Cubase (since Logic, I believe, has one of the steepest learning curves of all audio software).

qfactor said:
Are you using internal (softsynth) drums or external sounds?

QF

Indigo_blues said:
yup sonar is able to do it internally but i haven't figured it out for cubase too.. :lol:

i've been using the leaf drums and the drums that comes free with the cubase.. all vst instruments. :)

Back