Anyone tried purchasing a guitar from Sweetwater?

kernelspy

Hi folks. I'm planning to purchase a Fender Stratocaster overseas and Sweetwater seems to have a reasonable price. I compared their price + shipping from Swee Lee and it almost $180 difference.

I'm unsure if it is worth it to gamble purchasing overseas for a 2K ++ guitar. I'm concerned with possible broken headstock/ handling issues during shipping.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Not really worth it. Did you include GST as well?

In the past, the price difference was significant. But Swee Lee's prices these days are fairly on-par with US prices. Plus if something goes wrong and you have to cover return shipping, you might end up paying more.

Tried sending you a PM as I managed to get a discount a while ago for a Fender American Performer strat. Your PM is full.

Last edited:
Not really worth it. Did you include GST as well?

In the past, the price difference was significant. But Swee Lee's prices these days are fairly on-par with US prices. Plus if something goes wrong and you have to cover return shipping, you might end up paying more.

Tried sending you a PM as I managed to get a discount a while ago for a Fender American Performer strat. Your PM is full.

Hi bro! Thanks for the advice, you have a good point with the returns.

Can you please PM me again!

thanks

I tried ordering an Ibanez from SweetWater a few days ago but the order got cancelled due to it containing Rosewood.

I thought paying for a CITES permit would give it the green light to ship over but the customer service rep told me he couldn't find any info regarding this permit. Quite disappointed with them.

Last edited:
Back