$2000 guitar vs a $500

Krisfly

Every guitarist yearns a guitar that can bring the best tone and also being able to "show-off" to bandmates, and especially in music forums.

the thing on whether a $2000 guitar from overseas (Foreign Talent) will definitely outshine a $500 local brand really depends on the actual model and make...

there are expensive guitars that are brilliant... like Sir Stamford Raffles or William Farkuar...
there are also authentic $500 Tan Cheng Bock who can make a difference...just to quote a parody...

most importantly, if you support a local brand... dont feel ashamed that it is inferior to an Ang Mo brand...
as Singaporean musicians, good to do research on brands that know if Fender is Singaporean or Overseas...
Marketing can play tricks... hat-tricks... just like Fandi in football... maybe he invented Fender...lol

all things said... i wish all guitarist finding their dream guitar at a reasonable price...

btw... i use local Tan Cheng Bock guitar...

Kris

I play guitar since nearly 30 years and I agree there’s a lot of marketing around guitars. The price say nothing about you like it or not. My guitars go from 300 (my favourite Acoustic guitar from Harley Benton) via a Mexico telecaster up to an R9. I like them all the same way. 80% of the tone comes from your fingers: the way you put a vibrato, the way you bend,... and not from the guitar.

Back