Alvin Tan Signature Drum Kit By Malmborg Drums!!

Real nice. I love Allstar lugs so it's great he's using them.

This is my first time hearing about Brushbox wood. Perhaps Aaron can chime in and further elaborate on their characteristics and how they perform as snares?

Brushbox is a large, dense hardwood that grows around the north-eastern coast of Australia and it's one of my favourite timbers to work with. Partly because it's one of the few lighter coloured hardwoods and frequently has some nice figuring
It's quite a hard timber with janka rating of around 9.5 kN (Jarrah is around 8.5 kN and maple is around 6.4 kN) which makes it particularly useful for hoops as well as shells.
As with most of the hard Australian timbers it tends to give drums a natural "EQ" which helps to build good balance of sensitivity and power

Have a play while they're at the lab and let me know what you think!

Brushbox is a large, dense hardwood that grows around the north-eastern coast of Australia and it's one of my favourite timbers to work with. Partly because it's one of the few lighter coloured hardwoods and frequently has some nice figuring
It's quite a hard timber with janka rating of around 9.5 kN (Jarrah is around 8.5 kN and maple is around 6.4 kN) which makes it particularly useful for hoops as well as shells.
As with most of the hard Australian timbers it tends to give drums a natural "EQ" which helps to build good balance of sensitivity and power

Have a play while they're at the lab and let me know what you think!

Hmmmm interesting. I'll definitely have a go at them when they get here.

Think I'll be dropping you an email soon enough. I've got a lovely beech stave I scored cheap on eBay from JTP and a Maple steambent from Vaughncraft.

Hmmmm interesting. I'll definitely have a go at them when they get here.

Think I'll be dropping you an email soon enough. I've got a lovely beech stave I scored cheap on eBay from JTP and a Maple steambent from Vaughncraft.

Sounds fun! Let me know if you need any help

All ready for your trial run:

0a6c29e8.jpg

very beautiful drums! sure they will sound up to their looks!

damn he espresso kit as only two main contacts points to the ground!

Back