Alvin Tan Signature Drum Kit By Malmborg Drums!!

alvinthedrummer

Finally!! Its Here!! 100% Handmade Stave Shells and wood hoops. Made Of Australian Black Wood

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

that's a really beautiful piece of drum kit. would you be posting videos of it online soon? am very curious about the sound ;)

Beautiful. My jaws dropped when I saw this drumset. The finishing is excellent! To me it looks so appealing that it will entice me to practice I think.
Oh ya what is the joint call? Finger joint? It's definitely one hardy set.

WOW. Gorgeous. Those hoops are crazy nice, the figuring on the wood - Lovely. Dig the badge, as well.

How do you mount that tom? Everything is attached to the floor? Wouldn't it be very taxing on the respective mounts? Especially with them wood hoops.

I'm VERY interested to know how these sound, as well as the pricing on them.

I know Malmbas is on the forum, and hopefully he chimes in on the construction process and more! Or is it on GN?

LOL!!! ALWAYS the first question:"How much did it cost?":rolleyes:

Forget about asking how good it sounds, or playability. Forget about commenting on the skillful craftmanship that went into making stave constructed shells—let alone those finger-jointed wood hoops. Forget about the beauty of that exquisite natural wood, or it's sound properties.

ALVIN! WHAT'S THE DAMN PRICE OF THAT KIT??? :lol:

o come on... i couldnt help it... so...

HOW MUCH DID THAT COST!!!!

Sweeeeeet kit Alvin! The wood finish and lugs look damn sexy lahhh!! *drools*
I very very curious how it sounds and how is the hardware mounted etc.

And yes, how much does it cost? lol

Glad you guys like it as much as I do!!! Haha.

Ok, one question at a time:

Its an endorsed prototype kit based on the small kit I gigged with for the whole of last year. After about 50 shows, it has proven itself in-terms of durability and usability. That's why Malmborg drums and I have decided to work together on this.

Malmborg drums have decided to take orders for the kit at:

1) SG$ 2150 for the kit equipped with hand-made wood hoops and express 1 week shipping. (Shell Pack)

2) SG$ 1800 for the kit equipped with triple-flanged hoops and express 1 week shipping. (Shell Pack)

If you are willing to wait 4-6 weeks for shipping time, then please take away about $200 (exact amount will be quoted upon order) from drum kit cost.

I will also be receiving some snare drums soon....will post up pics as well.

Here is a quick video I just took! Sound quality is not the best but you can definitely gauge the playability of the kit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KF9l5JO00A

Last edited:
By the way, I forgot to include the specs:

14" X 14" Floor/Kick, 12" X 4" snare, 10" X 4 tom. All equipped with Attack Single Ply Medium Coated Drum Heads (except kick side which is double ply medium coated), Single ply thin clear reso.

Cymbals: 17" Kurak Crash, 9" Classic Splash, 12" Classic Hi-Hats (made up of 2 X 12" Classic Splash)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KF9l5JO00A

Woahhh! Super tempting to buy this!!
Now I wish bonus comes earlier, so I can buy buy buyyyy! lol

Haha...yup. If u go with normal shipping it only cost about $1600 for the ones with metal hoop! That is like 40% of what u would pay for other custom handmade kit using the same material...

ZachDrummer:
If you look carefully, you'd notice that the kick pedal is placed underneath the floor tom. The reso head of the floor tom doubles as the bass drum. Need to modify/tweak the kick pedal in order for it to function that way.

I have a mini kit made up of mixed-and-match parts that functions in a similar way. But when I saw Alvin's kit, I still feel like buying it! GAS returns! Oh noooooooo!! lol

Last edited:
Back