WTS/WTT:RAREUse Audio Plugiator DSP synthesizer - Creamware/Sonic Core Scope Platform

macgig

If you are familiar with the Scope platform by the German company Sonic Core (formerly Creamware), which is famous for its Pulsar line of DSP cards, you would know how good their synth emulations are, especially the Minimax (emulating the Minimoog). It is still regarded as the best Minimoog emulation to date. You can find a lot of videos on youtube of the Plugiator and the Minimax ASB to check out how good it is. And the awesome thing is that while the actual Minimoog is monophonic, the emulation is polyphonic so it is more like the Polymoog!

The plugiator is the standalone, mono timbral version of the Creamware Noah, where you can load one synth at a time. There are knobs to tweak key paramenters but if you need to play around with the whole tweaking arena, just plug a computer into its USB port and there you go. I own a Pulsar 2 setup myself running Scope 5 but bought this for live action. The poor thing was used only twice and has spent the rest of its life in the box. Virtually unused! Apart from the Minimoog emulation, you also get the Hammond B3 emulation called B4000 and a wavetable synth called Lightwave (inspired by the infamous Korg Wavestation). There is also a free Vocoder synth called Vocodiser, which I have not bothered to obtain and load into the synth.

Due to lack of use, I am selling the synth for 350 SGD or would like to exchange for a Golden Age Pre 73 Mk 2 in good condition. I paid US$429 for it and it comes up from time to time on Ebay/Craigslist/Reverb for around US$300

Sound On Sound has a review of the Plugiator:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/use-audio-plugiator

Please email me at macgigstudio@gmail if you are interested.
Many thanks,

Last edited:
Back