WTS Foxrox Festival Overdrive!

fretness

From the independent pedal maker Dave Fox!

Here's what he has to say,

"Festival is a high gain overdrive, almost a distortion but without the raspyness of a pedal made for metal. I wouldn't describe it as a "clean" overdrive. Originally that's what I intended but my endless tweaking took it in another direction, and I like it more this way.

Festival has a standard mode (Green) and a boost/lead mode (Red), and there's a switch for an additional stage of clipping for a more compressed, distorted sound. This switch can effect either the Red channel or both Red and Green channels, depending on how the internal switch is set. I need to decide what the default setting will be for the internal switch. The Body control is the same as Voice# 1 on a Foxrox ZIM pedal. It uses the boost/cut cancelations from a single stage of phase shift which I find perfect for dialing in the right sound with different amps and stages/rooms. It functions like a boost/cut for the lows and low mids, so using it wit the volume control it also works like a boost/cut for the high mids and highs. There's also Bright control which is tuned differently than your typical OD tone knob. Since the Body control does most of the tone shaping, I set the Bright knob up to control the very top end only.

I designed this pedal along with the circuit board and the enclosure and I'll be building (stuffing, soldering and assembling) each one of them. There will be no GOOP aside from maybe some clear glue that I use to keep parts from being bent back and forth and breaking off."

The Festival Overdrive is a dual-mode overdrive. It features a master volume control and a boost channel with both gain and volume controls. There is a selectable clipping/compression circuit and two tone shaping controls - body and bright. One foot switch bypasses the effect and another foot switch selects between the green and red channels (low gain and high gain)

Trades for, Wampler Sovereign or Bondi Sickas!

This is going for a firm $260 No trades! Unless you have a Bondi Sickas or Delmar!

Demo by Mr Pete!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back