Which throne?

Pakerdee

Hi all!

What thrones do u all use?

Mine's a old pearl. Round seat. Screw-rod for height adjustment. But recently tend to drop so thinking of a new one.

1) Went to music theme. Got this Lazer one (triangle shaped) $115 after discounts. Swivel type. Good buy huh! But after sitting a while feel quite soft so didn't get.

2) Next tried a Gibraltar. Very nice but the top is the furry-cushion type, not leather. $325. All my sweaty students sit alr, abosrb sweat etc sure smelly so didn;t want too.

3) I'm a big fan of DW! Just amazes me how much details they actually thought in their stuffs. Alr have the 9000 series double pedals and HH stand. SO thinking of getting their throne too.

The sales person Ah Lim, a frenly guy, said DW's throne very hard (2 layers of foam), very good support cos they modeled it for the caucasians who are bigger-sized etc.

But they dun have it in store. So wait for my next pay check, pass my gf's permission alr then go see. Ha. But if anybody going to try do let me know how it is!

God bless!

hey man.. not to diss off the DW brand name and make u feel bad BUT, fact is dw has HEAPS of hardware problems...

footboard breakage is a common issue to dw pedals and from what i've read, dozens of dw artiste has broken theirs... also other issues including chain attachment point(s) and the lists goes on...

read this review... there's a picture of a broken 5000... note that 5000/9000 pedals uses the same castings and material to make their footboard so the 9000 won't be as strong or stronger than the 5000.

http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/showthread.php?t=60291

so the part where "dw puts so much details".. not really true... this issue is really common and nothing is being done to rectify it.

my $0.02

man i've used my DW pedal for like 7 yrs. its trashed to sh*t and nothing has broken down. only thing i had to do was change the spring. thts 7yrs man. i can't talk abt other people but this is my first hand account.

my 0.002 cents

mine is Pearl D-1000C. I get it for around RM220 here in Bentley's KL. It got soft suede material and it feels really nice to sit. The hardware is very solid. You cant get wrong with Pearl's 1000 hardware. :)

I think the Pearl 2000 Throne is also a very good Throne cause the Cushioning is very good and it's stable....I used this Throne and have 2 of them - one is the 2000R.

PS: - anyway guys - this thread is about Throne lah. Most Pedals FootBoard can Crack if misused...this also happens to Pearl Eliminator, DW & such.....but it's ok. Iron Cobra many says Solid not so easy to break - but then again - many of the drummers here knowing it still go for the Pearl Elims & DW - ever wonder why? --Doesn't matter - it's mean't to be Broken if misused....as long as Fast-fast ok liao.

Broken then can change to new ones - no broken how to change.....money not enough - ask GF buy (I don't need to teach you Kang-Hu to made her buy - you all know one lar - Drummers are bery cleber ppl)...Kekekeke !

Last edited:
after reading the review again.. my bet that the review is somewhat too biased to the iron cobra and the TS made the iron cobra more of a best pedal of them all....

well undoubtedly DW 9000 series are very smooth pedals.. too smooth for me la... i saw a DW artiste which recently came for the drumfest... the pedals was too smooth that he really dig the beater to the head - literally making an indent to it.

for thrones, i guess the tama wide rider would be good... heard pearl thrones breaks - from a skinny dude who loves sitting purdy high - PDF.

after reading the review again.. my bet that the review is somewhat too biased to the iron cobra and the TS made the iron cobra more of a best pedal of them all....

well undoubtedly DW 9000 series are very smooth pedals.. too smooth for me la... i saw a DW artiste which recently came for the drumfest... the pedals was too smooth that he really dig the beater to the head - literally making an indent to it.

for thrones, i guess the tama wide rider would be good... heard pearl thrones breaks - from a skinny dude who loves sitting purdy high - PDF.

Aye agreed that the TS seemed biased to the ICs. But undeniable bro... the ICs are like bloody tanks.

I'm thinking that the DW pedals don't work that well for the ang moh drummers cuz they're generally bigger sized as compared to us asians? Anybody who used DW faced any problems so far?

for thrones... yah the tama wide rider's cool, but u can check ou the yamaha thrones too. they're rather sturdy and comfortable too. $200+ for normal circular throne iirc.

Back