Acoustic Heavies - Tight Grooves, Big Feel, Rich Harmonies!

SingaporeShredd

Heya Singapore,

If you once thought you were pretty awesome but perhaps your best days might be behind you (you're wrong there btw!)? I got a plan to change that but it begins like this.....so read on...

I am genuinely looking to find some like-minded peeps that 1) are fun to hang around with 2) have very similar tastes in music 3) are competent musicians 4) genuinely love to play and perform. Not a big ask?

And then to start (and not go too far down the rabbit hole just yet!), let's come up with some killer acoustic versions and even our own interpretations, of some heavier-type tunes. Stuff you don't ordinarily hear around these parts. Just take a bit of a risk and be different from the usual cookie cutters. I'm of the firm belief that "if you play it, they will come!".

Here is a sample list. Do note this is neither exhaustive, all-inclusive or even complete. Some will render well to unplugged and re-imagined, some not so great, but these are just some at the top of my head to give you a good idea of styles, genres, timelines and general skill level.

Band - Songs

Sevendust – Black / Enemy / Trust
Godsmack - Keep Away / Re-Align / Greed
Dark New Day – Brother
Breaking Benjamin – So Cold/ Diary of Jane / Next to Nothing
Tool – Stinkfist
Staind – So Far Away / Epiphany / Price to Play
Incubus – Pardon Me / Wish you were here
Papa Roach – Last Resort / Scars
Linkin Park – Crawling / Numb
Crossfade – Cold / Invincible
Deftones – Change
Hoobastank – Crawling in the dark
Taproot – Poem
Shadows Fall - Casting Shade
Killswitch Engage - Fixation/Last Serenade
Alter Bridge – Open your eyes / Watch over you
POD – Alive
Cold – Happens all the time
Edgewater – Eyes wide shut
and the like.

Some odds and ends...
Alice In Chains – Would
Fuel – Hemorrhage
Days of the New – Touch Peel Stand
Creed – My Own Prison
Dave Matthews Band - Crash
Goo Goo Dolls – Name / Black Balloon
Live – Dolphins Cry
The Ataris – Boys of Summer
The Darkness – Growing on me (why not right!?)
Cemetery Gates - wink! wink!:p

If some/a lot of these make you go "hell yeah!" and if you'd like to find out more, please feel free to reach out and we can go from there. And if you notice some very well worn (played to death, exhumed and repeated!) suspects/bands missing from this list, there's good reason for that!

Sonically, to do this well, I imagine at least a 5 piece - 2 guitarists, a bassist, a drummer and perhaps keys. Vocally rich, ideally 2 or more of us will have good vocal ability to co-sing as well do interesting harmonies and other special bits. And perhaps all this could then be a good platform to other, higher ground.

Just some quick dets...I’m 43, have been playing guitar since I was 15 and have sung for a number of years. I had a good 10 years under my belt as a professional (performing, writing, arranging, recording, session work etc) doing mostly originals. All overseas and specifically in metal and hard rock. Then life, as some of you can appreciate or relate, caused an unfortunate detour! I then moved to SG (from Australia) in May 2019 for a change of scene. And it's time for that change, so this is my clarion call to all you wicked good musos out there to wipe the dust off and let's have one last crazy, blazing jam, if anything.

I’m fully aware things locally might be some way away to actually getting up and playing on stage again. In the meantime, at least we can have a lot of fun and perhaps even sound awesome doing it. Since there's nothing but time to get to the top of the mountain now. Plus there's plenty more we could do.

If this is you, I'd be very interested to hear about it. Come out of hiding and show your kicka** self! Let's show 'em how it's really done! :twisted: Feel free to contact to me at any time. Questions are most welcome and information will be very forthcoming. Eight 3 Eight 1 One 1 Eight 3. Getcha pull!

Jay

Come out come out wherever you are! Been getting some queries so I know you guys/girls are out there! See below, enjoy and get in touch!

Alright peeps, come on out! We got a drummer and perhaps very soon, a bassist. Where my ace singer-guitarists (yes both and all in one!) and keys/electronics (gotta sing too!) at?!!?:p

I know you are out there, so step up to it and give me a buzz! It's happening.

UPDATE!

And then there were 3! We now have a bassist, a drummer and a singer guitarist. C'mon ya'll! Where's that 1) other singer guitarist and 2) the singing keys/electronics wizard at??? I know plenty of you are feeling these kinds of tunes so let's rip on 'em to a different level! Come on out and get in touch quick! Eight 3 Eight 1 One 1 Eight 3.

Hi, we are a group of Singaporean music producers and would like to work with talented singers (both male and female) based in Singapore for our personalised song website - www.songbaby.us. If you are interested, please drop us a message at wearesongbaby@gmail.com indicating your name, years of experience singing and genre of music, and we'll get back to you. Cheers, Mel :)

Hi ya'll. Just an update. So we've had a fair bit of ghosting by singer guitarists and absolutely no takers on the keyboard position (yet). Surely someone out there is good enough (or in our case, brave enough!) to step up to the plate. As it stands we are 3 -- a drummer, a bassist and a singer guitarist. And sounding pretty good I might add! :)

Give us a ring asap and help take us to the next level!

Latest update ya'll -

We are currently a 3 piece consisting of a :
1) Drummer (w/vox)
2) Bassist (w/vox)
3) Singer Guitarist

We've now been jamming for just over 7 weeks and have already hit around 15 tunes so far! Sounding pretty damn good and we are getting along very well to boot!

We are still looking for:
1) another Singer Guitarist
2) a singing keyboardist (or a DJ)

If you think you fit the bill, step on out and give us a buzz! Eagerly looking forward to hearing from you!

And yet another update peeps....

We are still going and going hard. Covid can kiss our a$$e$. So help us 3 (drummer, bassist and guitarist - all with vox abilities) light this place on fire as we continue the hunt for a 2nd capable singing guitarist and keys/electronics person (vox a plus). Must 1) be fun to hang around with 2) have very similar tastes in music - read original ad at very top 3) be competent musicians & performers 4) genuinely love to get up on stage and entertain!

To sweeten the deal here's a handful of demos of our proposed acoustic covers. This should give you an excellent idea of what we are about, what we'd sound like live and importantly, what we are looking for, in you, to complete the picture. We are nearly 25 tunes in and busting to get out there for when things get back!

P.O.D. - Alive
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10HKuSq30kOGs_xu7CqR9eXvTDus1V87a/view?usp=sharing

Deftones - Change (in the house of flies)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XhF4D6b8fguvW7QS63s0-yAZ6hmhmPaS/view?usp=sharing

Biffy Clyro - Black Chandelier
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bwfDMmuNDinNbi2HrvuTZ58rI4nte35v/view?usp=sharing

Any issues with downloading etc, just whatsapp me on Eight 3 Eight 1 One 1 Eight 3 and I'll happily pass it on. So c'mon Singapore, where are you at?!! Holler at us and step up to the plate!

Jay

Back