Where to get TOSLINK cable? (and kazoo)

qythium

Hi all,

I have a macbook pro and wish to connect it to my home theater system. It has a mini-TOSLINK/standard jack combo port. I believe that TOSLINK (also called "optical audio") can carry 5.1 audio signals, and I wish to do that (e.g. watch movies). However, it seems that there are no hardware shops in Singapore which sell TOSLINK cables. I have looked in many places but most of the time, the people don't even know what I am talking about.

This is rather surprising as most dvd players and amplifiers have a TOSLINK port on them, I should expect it to be a common thing. Not all dvd players have HDMI.

So does anybody know where I can buy a TOSLINK cable (1-2m) and also a TOSLINK-miniTOSLINK adaptor? (a toslink-minitoslink cable would also be fine, but I'd like to keep it flexible, for other uses too)

On a completely unrelated note, does anybody know where to get a metal kazoo? Me and some of my friends are starting to get serious about kazoo playing, and we would like higher quality ones than the cheap plastic things you get in christmas crackers.

Thanks

Try sim lim square (hung bros) or sim lim tower (a lot of audio/hardware shops there). no idea on the kazoo though

Thanks, I got the Toslink cable from Sim Lim Square at $19.90 for 1.8m (even then I had to search in lots of stores, only 2 had them)

Back