Where to get sheet music?

qythium

Hi all,

I am looking for a sheet music, J.S. Bach Double Violin Concerto in D minor, BWV 1043, reduction for 2 violins and piano.

I tried searching for it on the internet (since it's in the public domain) but turned up nothing. IMSLP and Mutopia only have the full orchestral score, which I don't want.

I also called up the stores under Yellow Pages (Music - Scores) but none of them had it either. Music Essentials used to have it but they're out of stock and I'll have to wait till March or something till they get new copies.

So... can anybody here direct me to a store where I can get this score, or alternatively, if anyone here actually has the score, scan and email it to me. (PM me and i'll pass you my email) Since it's out of copyright anyway (Bach died >70 years ago) no copyright laws would be broken.

Online stores would also be good, I have found a few websites that sell the score, but I'm not sure whether they're reliable, anyway they're all overseas, which means that i'll have to pay for shipping and wait for a long time. But if there's a reliable one please direct me to it. Thanks.

In the worst case I'll have to do the piano reduction myself from the orchestral score, but I really wouldn't like that, only as a last resort.

Happy Chinese New Year!

Thanks for the reply, but I've already searched IMSLP, Mutopia, sheetmusicarchive, and many others, and am convinced that I can't find it online, which is surprising considering that it is such a famous piece.

Wow! I didn't know about that before. Do you have to be a member to borrow music scores from the esplanade library? If so, how much does it cost? (free, I'm hoping)
They don't seem to have an online catalog though. Hope they have the one i'm looking for.

It's free, they've got plenty of scores there, I remember grabbing scores for Vivaldi's Cantare Di Mare or something like that.

Yeah. Our library is great, isn't it? :)

Btw, you can also make recommendations for books/materials you can't find on catalogue. I've made some for books including Victor Wooten's new book.

Back