Where to get a Music-man StingRay

Jayshen

where in Singapore do they sell music-man stingray ar? i mite want to buy tt in the near future...

inst_stingray.gif

Davis was selling the musicman SUB bass a more affordable version of the stingray. but its made in the USA and its really top notch build for less than 1k.

Sinamex is the dealer for musicman basses. You might want to check with them. www.sinamex.com

+1

the SUB bass isn't a Sting Ray wanna be, it looks like one but it ends there- tone's very different due to a lighter body & non-lacquer finish... highly recommended (especially the active model).

i also second the music123 alternative, if it's within your means... 8)

the prices in music 123 is US dollars rite.... OMG.. din knoe stingray so X.... i tot cao cao SGD 1000+++ end up is US$ 1300 and not including shipping ... haha.... ok i'll just stick wif my yamaha for now...

but wah lao... its my dream bass!!

guitarnub said:
isnt that what flea used last time?

i saw the prices online, they were astronomical :O

yup it has alot of "depth"..flea used modulus basses too.

what so good about stringrays anyway? please enlighten me.

Stingrays have an awsome slap tone, a very bright penetrating sound. They are great for funk, but sound good in almost any style of music.

when Leo Fender (RIP) decided to create another bass to rival his already revered P/ J bases, he did the right thing by making it humbucking. the thing with fender was, he was ready to try something new- salute!!!

it's new to the unsuspecting, but the triple coil pickups are recyled- they did it before in 1996 with the ATK bass, take a look:
iban-atk305-bk.jpg

Back