what mods can you think of??

uzzo88

what mods can be done to a wah pedal./?i have a cheap peice..so the quality of sound isnt great. juz wondering what kida mods you guys have done to yours..

You can change the pot.

Change the fasel (can't rem what this meant but it gives better tone or something)

Change the frequency of the wah sweep

Change to true bypass.

That's abt it I think. Best email Randolf for a list. ;)

yes its true.Always believe that great tone comes from fingers and good phrasing of solos.To play fast its easier.Just practice with metronome.But to create solo with creative and melodic phrasing it takes quite an effort and ideas.Ive seen so many ppl who can play fast like malmsteen and always sound the same.And they dont have ideas to create solos with melodic phrasing.Ive yet to see somebody who can play like eg,Jason becker,Friedman,Michael romeo or paul gilbert,steve vai,Satriani...speed with good creative melody and phrases.Not the same old malmteen kind of playing.Always the same pattern.

maybe one of the singapore great shredder with total control of what he is playing is the guitarist from ministry of rock....hes good not only with his fingers but his guitar sound settings are good too

U noe guyz,since the Nirvana anti-guitar technique invasion in the early 90s,there have never been the good old days guitar technique oriented albums in the 80s to match...Guitar players still look back to 80's era for reference.wAT was done and played...But never really nails it today... Ppls GUITAR SHRED is DEAD!!!

THE WORLD IS READY FOR THE NEXT JIMI HENDRIX

Viruz said:
Ppls GUITAR SHRED is DEAD!!!

Are you VERY sure?

Shred is being led by a new group of players. Yea, the market isn't nearly as big for these guys as it was in the 80s, so it's up to you to find them, they don't come to you :)

Guitar 9 is a good place to check back often to. You'll be surprised by the number of shred virtuosos out there, not noise, but music.

Punk rock is dead.
Shred is dead.
Heavy metal is dead.
So is black metal.
Hell, music is dead.

We are all posers.

:roll:

Yeah theres alot shred wannabes...Wheres the originality....What they r doing(most of them) r already heard in 80's record....And we have ppls like Steve Vai,Petrucci,gilbert,friedman,satriani trying their ass off to keep guitar technique alive... :prayer: And this players are all from the 80's technique era...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
THE WORLD IS READY FOR ANOTHER JIMI HENDRIX

Viruz said:
Yeah theres alot shred wannabes...Wheres the originality....What they r doing(most of them) r already heard in 80's record....And we have ppls like Steve Vai,Petrucci,gilbert,friedman,satriani trying their ass off to keep guitar technique alive... :prayer: And this players are all from the 80's technique era...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
THE WORLD IS READY FOR ANOTHER JIMI HENDRIX

You can say anything you like, but please...
YOUR FONTS HURT MY EYES!

ShredCow said:
You can change the pot.

Change the fasel (can't rem what this meant but it gives better tone or something)

Change the frequency of the wah sweep

Change to true bypass.

That's abt it I think. Best email Randolf for a list. ;)

can we come back to the topic?

changing the pot only changes the sweep, and if you use too high a rating, the sweep will be completely gone

its an inductor, and if i'm not wrong, not all wahs have this

true bypass is for when you are NOT using the wah, most of the cheaper wahs use a SPDT(single-pole-double-throw) switch(non true bypass), which sucks the tone out of the NON-wah sound and makes a clicking noise when you turn your wah on/off, which can be heard thru ur amplifier, changing it to a DPDT(double-pole-double-throw) switch will reduce the "tone-sucking" and will also reduce the clicking noise

my wah's pot is scratchey..i looked into the thing the pot doesnt look like the normal ones..anyone can change it??

Vaiyen said:
well, there are some in S'pore who match your expectations. check out Shredcow's recordings for starters.

Thats nice. :) The standard just got upped Daniel! How now brown shredcow?????

what mod to think of.....

you own a DS-1 and wanna mod go ahead...

went down to sim lim square buy a bunch of capacitor, ops amp, audiograde cable,,, some copper thin fold and experimental around....

forget abt going to those moddist

hokkien saying= pian jia

Back