Vox Valvetronix ToneLab SE

If you think that weighs a bomb, try carry mine. Its nearly twice the size of the LE i think.

The only things your missing from the SE are the A/B channel selects, few more different delays and reverbs.

Im curious. Ive never tried the LE but the picture of it shows that it doesnt have a cabinet selection, only an amp selection. Where are you able to select the Amp models.

Also if you get a chance to use the SPDIF output, for recording or whatever, please let me know how much more different does it sound as compared to normal line out.

Also, btw dric, you might find that for different uses you have to change your global output, theres 2 settings, Ln, and Ap. Ln = Line (for line in straight to recording device (with no other external amps)), Ap = Amp (use for jamming, performance (unless you wanna perform through the PA))

WARNING, if you use the Ln output for jamming through another amp, you'll pierce everyones ears with the amazing amount of high frequencies, especially while picking or bending notes. use the Ap (amp) output instead.

ANOTHER WARNING, this device sounds very crap with Line 6 amps. Eg, the Line 6 amps at L cube studio. I dont know about other models. This device works alot better with Marshall, Fender, Peavey, and studio monitor speakers.

On the board, find 2 buttons, under the reverb select. One says Expression, the other might say control. Press expression and go through the list of things, and choose which one u desire to control.

eh, sorry, i edited my previous post, typed wrongly, mines the tonelab SE also, not the LE. haha sorry to confuse anybody.

ANOTHER WARNING, this device sounds very crap with Line 6 amps. Eg, the Line 6 amps at L cube studio. I dont know about other models. This device works alot better with Marshall, Fender, Peavey, and studio monitor speakers

yea it sounds great thru my peavey!

WARNING, if you use the Ln output for jamming through another amp, you'll pierce everyones ears with the amazing amount of high frequencies, especially while picking or bending notes. use the Ap (amp) output instead.

hah yea i read the manual. eh.......read it halfway.

maybe us SE users can find some softPADDED case that could fit the SE.. im still looking around for one.. i dowanna use the hardcase. itll be crazy heavy..

the bigger misse one bro. the size is really just perfect for the tonelab se + adapter. heavy like hell tho. lolx. i think if we just find some good firm padding and sew it onto the existing vox gigbag, it should do the trick. but....the one i bought already has quite a few holes. lolx. will continue to source for an alternative.

thats what i thought too but.. the back of tonelab as in the back pannel have no protection when u put it down.. u cant sew in also.. the top and the bottom can.. the sides all.. jialat

ya exactly, the back panel no protection, then the sides of the bag got no padding at all. jia lat. that's why mine now in hardcase. the top corner of mine at the back panel kena dented a bit already.

i still dunno how to set the peddle ha haz.... sry for being noob.... can explain a little bit more in detail.. like after u chose it then how to set it tt kinda stuff....... really sry for being noob

Lucky i got from citymusic @ $495 at their clearance sale...
Well i used Styrofoam to pad my vox...
U can design your own shape for the Tonelab SE...
Or else when u buy TV, the styrofoam used to pad the tv u can use it too..
I intend to go to the industrial parks to get a person to design and make a pedal board for my VOX tonelab SE... Hmm actually my uncle does plastics...
Wonder if he can make a clear fibreglass hardcase for the vox... or guitar hard case... at least can see thru! Cool... nah dun wanna disturb him..

oh yea the after using for long periods... i realised the control switch is to remove the amp and cabinet presets settings... when u use A channel, the amp and cabinet models are not turned on... so step to channel B to get a blend of cab and amp models.... pretty easy to use... i programed the textrem with bichorus and 747 wah to do songs like audioslave's like a stone... the writing ur own presets are just so easy... I'd oso say that the good thing is u can do pre wah and post wah... crybaby can't...

Back