Tube Amps

what are you worried about? what has humidity got to do with getting the Kustom Tube 12? Ermmmm... I'd say it wouldn't... I've had my tube amp in humid and stuffy lil' s'pore for yrs... nothing's happened. Btw, the KustomTube12 isn't a full tube amp, its only got a 12AX7 tube preamp, so technically its a hybrid tube/solid state amp. (something like those you'd see on the marshall AVT, VS series).

Sorry to borrow this thread. I've got a Marshall AVT amp.. Whats the diff between hybrid and tube amps?

tube amps will have tubes in both the pre amp and the power amp section. The AVT and the kustom 12 have tubes 12AX7 in the preamp section, and they have solid state power amp section (diodes/Mosfet), thus they are hybrid.

basically, the 12AX7 in the hybrid amp is used only in the preamp section as what chimaera said. it only uses a single tube, however the tube may be in various sections in the preamp. tube amps have a tube preamp and power section. the preamp section will consists of various sections all using the tube, (probably 1 tube for each channel, phase inverter tube, reverb tube). The distinct "tube distortion" is produced when the poweramp stage of the amplifier is being pushed, which indirectly means you have to increase your tube amp volume if you want to achieve a "power tube saturation", which indirectly means the police may come knocking on your door to tell u to shut the hell up. :lol:

on the subject of tube amp ..any recommendations.?

thinking of getting a poweramp (tube/hybrid)etc.
Thanks...

Back