The importance of ear plugs

in super worse case scenarios, take a piece of tissue, split the two parts, fold them nicely and stuff your ears.

we don't realise how much ringing and damage we take at live gigs- it's massive.

protect your ears, they're part of your livelihood! or hobby-hood or fun-hood. Hearing loss is a sad thing to have when it's preventable.

I always see Visa wearing ear plugs.Like say 85% of the time I see him at gigs?

i don't know if i've already mentioned it in the old threads, but if ppl keep bringin up the same topics i guess no harm repeating i guess... i'm using etymotic earplugs. i got them for 25 bucks from hung brothers. the clear one - coloured ones looked abit gay (the ety's themselves look abit gay) and with a black cord. the triflange tips do the job

its most effective when INSERTED PROPERLY

I've a pair of etymotic earplugs from hung brothers and a pair of hearos... But i always forget to bring them to jamming sessions. :(
I used to hear a lot of 'eeeeeee' sounds when i was younger but not so much now (not that i'm damn old)
I had a terrible experience at last year's sports day in my school. Some stupid girl stood next too me and screamed directly into my year. After that i couldn't listen to my ipod without feeling a sharp pain in that year. But that went away after a couple of months.

I use my sony ericson walkman phone ear piece, 2 in one ! And works perfectly for me. Try it out guys, the in-ear earpiece?
:D

I use the Bose Triport In-Ear earphones. Works wellllllll. I use ear plugs 100% of the time. Never turning back. Haha.

i use audio technica ath-ck7. i changed the tip to comply's for better fit and seal. sound isolation is much better.

deathism : others have said. etymotics heheh. earplugs are like condoms. find one that suits your style and fits you comfortably. safe sex! safe jam/gigging!

10¢ worth

i use audio technica ath-ck7. i changed the tip to comply's for better fit and seal. sound isolation is much better.

waa, you quote me, LOL.

Anyway, any shops to recommend, anyone? I'm currently using my dad's old police ear plugs.. hmm..

i'm not sure if i have the slightest bit of tinnitus or if i'm just hypochodriac and imagining it when things are extra quiet

Anybody who saw me at the f1ght ig would realized i had earplugs on, they always are for gigs and jams, Gigs especially because soundmen love to think that anybody bringing pointy guitars or look metal want their volume amped to 11.

uh oh.... okay, i really wished someone would have told me this earlier..
ive been maxing my volumes at studio and not been wearing ear plugs.. i just love the feeling of hearing the whole room shake when u play...
hmm..

uh oh.... okay, i really wished someone would have told me this earlier..
ive been maxing my volumes at studio and not been wearing ear plugs.. i just love the feeling of hearing the whole room shake when u play...
hmm..

protip: it's not loud enough if you're not feeling the pain

So there's this story about j mascis. One day he called everyone in for band rehearsal, and then proceeded to start playing at max volume. He made everyone turn their amps up, and at the end everyone had tinnitus. Later the rest of the band realised that he had earplugs on.

They felt the pain. And confirmed that he was a a jerky batard.

Last edited:
waa, you quote me, LOL.

Anyway, any shops to recommend, anyone? I'm currently using my dad's old police ear plugs.. hmm..
u use ck7 with comply tips oso? do u have any problems attaching the tips securely to the earphones? mine's kinda loose

:D Brad Delson is wearing a headphone.
i think not only it protects your ears, u can monitor the sound & tone of your guitar as well ?

it's cool to protect your ears !

Last edited:
Back