The importance of ear plugs

Wow, never expected to get so many reponses on this thread.
But yeah, honestly I love the rattle of the subwoofers when I play life. It's like a few extra inches in your trousers, if you catch my drift ;)

Anyway, a quick query, I have heard that there are musicians' earplugs of the stick-in-your-ear variety that are better then hearos. However I do not know the brand or the price range.

Could someone enlighten me please?

I'm begging. O_O

the earplugs that i use cut all treble sounds, and it gets kinda irritating sometimes because i dont know if im loud enough. it cuts the guitar sound and the cymbals.

Ety plugs by westone can be obtained from Jaben Networks at The Adelphi, 04-16. The guys there are the friendliest bunch of people that let u try anything and everything(wrt to audio gear, what do u try attenuators for?) without giving you the slightest pressure to buy buy buy. But after you spend 2 hours in there trying IEMs with their amps.. no need them to pressure u also wanna buy..

Damage for etyplugs(jabenites call them attenuators.. to me no diff) is 25 i think, and +2$ for the cord which imo don't really need unless u have the tendency to drop them and need to hang em around ur neck.

while u guys are there.. take the time to try out their high end IEMs and these little gadgets they call amplifiers, you'll definitely wanna discard those ipod standard earphones hehe

I use alpine musicsafe pro, really good at cutting volume and the pressure on your ears without screwing the sound quality.

do you think its too late if i start wearing ear plugs now?, after three years of playing the drums? i kinda feel that there are repercussions if i do not wear earplugs to safeguard my ears.

do headphones work as well as earplugs?
i just started playing the drums and i dont have my own kit yet,
but i was thinking of getting one of those noise cancelling
headphones, so it doubles as my ipod headphones.
what do you think?

Back