THE FOOTBALL THREAD Vol 2

hey guys, thought I can contribute a lil in this thread! was browsing through RWS website.
They are screening liverpool vs man u and man city vs aston villa this sat.. Best thing is free flow of beer at $10 *smiles*
http://www.rwsentosa.com/

Who's going? :)

You got Arsenal to thank for Man City win over Man U. Being a feeder club to Man City must have been fulfilling for Arsene....;)

VERY TRUE - they did steal all our best players - if not they wouldnt have won so big ....

still - it was malu to lose so terribly at home against their closest & main rivals ....

btw arsene wenger OUT!

[h=4]Roberto Mancini refused to get carried away by an extraordinary 6-1 derby victory at Old Trafford that lifted his team five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.[/h]Two goals each from Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko and one each from Sergio Agueroand David Silva left City's neighbours "embarrassed" according to their boss as Blues fans celebrated.
But City boss Mancini is looking further ahead and declared: "It isn't important that it was 6-1, it's important that we have beaten a fantastic team.
"It's important for our confidence - it's not easy to come here and beat United. Now we have one game less to play, we have three more points, and we have been to Old Trafford."
City also boosted their goal difference - which could be a factor in a tight title finish - as the Reds succumbed after defender Jonny Evans was dismissed at the start of the second half.
Mancini admitted: "After the sending off it was easier, but I think we were playing very well even before that. The first 25 minutes United played very well though they didn't really have a chance.

"I'm happy for Mario, he scored two important goals, he played well and was serious out on the pitch.
"I have even more respect now for United - after the sending off they continued to play and try to score goals, and that's an incredible mentality."
Home manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It was
[h=4]Roberto Mancini refused to get carried away by an extraordinary 6-1 derby victory at Old Trafford that lifted his team five points clear at the top of the Barclays Premier League.[/h]Two goals each from Mario Balotelli and Edin Dzeko and one each from Sergio Agueroand David Silva left City's neighbours "embarrassed" according to their boss as Blues fans celebrated.
But City boss Mancini is looking further ahead and declared: "It isn't important that it was 6-1, it's important that we have beaten a fantastic team.
"It's important for our confidence - it's not easy to come here and beat United. Now we have one game less to play, we have three more points, and we have been to Old Trafford."
City also boosted their goal difference - which could be a factor in a tight title finish - as the Reds succumbed after defender Jonny Evans was dismissed at the start of the second half.
Mancini admitted: "After the sending off it was easier, but I think we were playing very well even before that. The first 25 minutes United played very well though they didn't really have a chance.

"I'm happy for Mario, he scored two important goals, he played well and was serious out on the pitch.
"I have even more respect now for United - after the sending off they continued to play and try to score goals, and that's a

"I have even more respect now for United - after the sending off they continued to play and try to score goals, and that's an incredible mentality."
Home manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It was crazy football at times. It was a bad day, our worst day. The sending off was a killer for us."n incredible mentality."
Home manager Sir Alex Ferguson said: "It was crazy football at times. It was a bad day, our worst day. The sending off was a killer for us."crazy football at times. It was a bad day, our worst day. The sending off was a killer for us."

Henry has certainly shown that form is temporary, class is permanent. It was "only" against Leeds though, will be interesting to see how he gets on in the league.

Back