THE FOOTBALL THREAD Vol 2

so the old thread kena closed? i realised still got some issues that havent been addressed.

russia vs england!

England weren't used to the pitch, that's all I can say. The ball blobbled all over the place. I disagree that Richards takes throw ins like a bapok. He's only a bapok with Manchester City.

But of course, I do question Robinson's credibilty as England's number 1.

If Liverpool were lucky to beat Everton.........then lets turn the clock back a little..........Arse-nal were lucky to beat Fulham on the opening day. Got anything to say? But i do agree........Liverpool played poorly.....Gerrard better get his act together or Rafa better replace him with either Lucas or Alonso.
football is all about luck lah. you know which teams have no luck? spurs, fulham

so maybe it was a case of arsenal being lucky AND fulham being damn suay. derby is not unlucky, they just suck

you forgot to mention man u and their 1-0 scorelines in the beginning of this season... they are truly the lucky ones before they got their act together scoring 4 goals in dunno which match...

And we are breathing down your neck.....Watch us take over the top spot next week hehehe

Wenger: 'It was important we didn't lose our heads'
Arsenal 2-0 Bolton Wanderers
Barclays Premier League
Emirates Stadium
Sat, Oct 20, 2007, 3pm

On other sporting events...
"You will have to give me time to go home, change and put my England shirt on... [laughter] to get in front of my television! "

On the away side...
"They upset us in previous years and I thought they were very resilient today, of course they have a lot of tricks as well because Campo, Nolan and McCann, they have gone through a lot, you know? They know how to slow the game down, they know when to make the foul, they know how to pull the shirt and they are good players. So, it was not easy not to get upset and keep our nerves."

On the impact of his subs...
"Yes, but we had a strong bench and I feel that the players before did the job, it's always difficult to measure what kind of work the player who came off before did, you know. They were already tired but of course the injection of creativity and pace of Walcott and Rosicky helped after that."

On Walcott pushing for a start...
"You are right, he will get that, don't worry. It is just that now that you feel he has come back with his shoulder problem, he has found really the injection of pace he had before, his co-ordination is better, he uses his body better - his shoulders. Today, when you see what he's brought, when he came on, you think 'that's certainly a promising striker'."

On maturity...
"We have a good momentum now, and I liked today that the team built the success with patience, with quite a high tempo, and as well with mastering our nerves, you know? At some stage of the game it was becoming hectic, and it was important that we didn't lose our heads. We kept calm and play like we want to play football, and we did that well and for me that was a good sign of maturity today."

On Hleb's tactical role...
"In the second half today I used Hleb in the middle because there was so little space and he's the one who can. I wanted us to go through the flanks but first to attack them through the middle, and he can get the ball out of a very small space and play it through to the flanks, and we took advantage of that."

After we take care of pool at anfield, manu ...you're next .... welcome to the EMIRATES!

Ellow! Can anyone tell me what this thread is all about? Is it a place where fellow musicians who are also die-hard soccer fans gather to discuss the latest happenings in EPL? :???:

HAHAHA ya man, ultimate pengsan lol.

arsenal to whoop liverpool's asses.

eh liverpool damn powerful in football manager 2008. anyone else has it yet? :twisted:

however b4 the pool and mancs theres the little matter of CL this Tues ngt...

CMON U GUNNERS!

loL u shldn't have such a major topic...

Sure 2 have lotsa arguments...

Liverpool fan here but nope i'm not gonna argue...

you're not different from my friends who are liverpool supporters. all wussies who fear confrontation.

i will be watching arsenal play man utd, chelsea, and of course, LIVERPOOL, all of whom they have YET TO PLAY THIS SEASON

then i will take a look at the epl table again

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back