The Continuum Fingerboard

joel68

I came across this recently..Sounds very interesting..any comments

From their website:-

Code:
Designed by Lippold Haken and manufactured by Haken Audio, the Continuum Fingerboard is a new Midi / Firewire performance controller that allows unprecedented realtime musical control. It resembles a traditional polyphonic 88 note Midi keyboard in that it is approximately the same size, however the Continuum offers realtime discrete continous control in three directions for every finger that is placed on the playing surface. The Continuum is compatible with any Midi synthesizer, sound module, or sequencer. There is additional Midi communication with Symbolic Sound Corporation’s Kyma Workstation through IEEE 1394 Firewire.  
The Continuum is available in full-size (nearly 8 octaves) and half-size (nearly 4 octaves) versions.

http://www.hakenaudio.com/Continuum/html/overview/Intro.html

:D :D :D

hehs i guess the first thread about this start from cheez, i post a thread about it once too. HIDDEN SOMEWHERE lols.

hmms i guess this has something like what the moog voyager had on the touch screen panel, or similar to that of the roland Vsythn ( new version )? hmms KAOSS PAD from korg?

well but the continuum ( i get my spelling right for the sake of piano_ex ) LOLS, is like a more in depth version in which you control the pitch as well eh? and well i think you can sculpt waves and dynamics with that too. not really sure about it but well... unless you are a sound design geek like sonicBrat one might find it hard to use it : )

same like a moog it takes knowledge about analogue designs to handle it. way beyond me :p lols

if i am not wrong the continuum is quite expensive right?

hohohohoho .... thanks guan guan ... lolx!! =) at last

btw, this is actually very interesting keyboard ...
stumble upon this like last year when i saw jordan rudess' video playin this.

it's basically a keyboard, but with a lot more control (besides the conventional pitch n velocity) .... it has vertical n horizontal control exist on it's very own keybed (shud i still call it keybed?) ... hahahahaha

and it can do portamento n legato phrasing very very smoothly maaan ....
(talk about guitar player sliding on their fretboard ... WE CAN DO IT ALSO!)

anyway ..... it's very ex ..... hum ....

but yea!!! sonicbratz has it .... ho ho ho .....

some comments please? mr famous sound-designer? =) hehehehe

Back