The Bass Picture Gallery

Actually, I really feel like refinishing that bass to red sparkle. Do you think that's a good idea or should I keep it natural?

62037_433427313772_751253772_5060727_678347_n.jpg

Hahahaha looks interesting. How does it sound? Is it still running passive or you've loaded a preamp?

Sorry to take so long, here's some soundclips. Plugged direct into H4n without any amp emulation, played in the dark at 11pm next to a condo swimming pool at my friend's house (LOL) so pardon the poor playing.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/804928772a0f0794/

First set of clips is a "sound check", played with neck soloed, neck + bridge, bridge soloed. For each setting, it is first played as humbucker, then as coil tapped, and for each "coil tap setting" first with fingers over neck pickup, then fingers over bridge pickup. LOL I know this is confusing.

Then soundclips of riffs were, first, bridge soloed and coil-tapped, then neck soloed and humbucking, then both mixed and humbucking.

That aside, the string spacing is really narrow. Identical to the '95 non-reverse epi T-Bird I have, since they're the same bridge model I think. So, very NOT ideal for slap but it works out pretty nicely for rock I guess. Since my friend is short and has small fingers this should work out well :p

Very very nice, record some soundclips please. Interested to hear how the Dingwall pickup system works. I read up abit some months back and it inspired me to rewire my FBass to run 2 singles in series.

my 1988 charvel 3b, fire crackle finish. I heard they only had that finish for a year :p

front
IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0420.jpg

back
IMG_0421.jpg

inside-as you can see its kinda old and one wire came out. just had it fixed :D
IMG_0418.jpg

i posted at such a weird time cos i just found out the year that it was made and what finish haha. I couldn't find the serial number at first lol

Oooo, that bass just brought back memories of why I used to avoid going to City Music at all costs! :) The basses aren't the reason, of cos.

GITs went on a crazy spree this mth bouht a bass and some expensive trinkets.

andymdwengekb.jpg

this are some really expensive knobs!!!! Wenge top, with bloodwood veneer and wenge body

Btw new toy. Was considering selling it, the Roscoe barts were way too mellow on fretless for me. Rewired em parallel and its kinda acceptable to me now. Went ahead and bought a pair of Delanos though. Lets see if the germans can make me decide to keep this.

roscoe01.jpg

roscoe02.jpg

roscoe04.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back