Studio Monitors

Dale

Hi guys,

I need recomendations on what monitors to buy for mixing. Im still new to this, so mayb a not so expensive ones would do.

hit me with what you've got alrite...
and also the places where i can buy them...

thx!

Everyone hears things differently and as such any recommendations to "buy" specific monitors can only be biased. I think recommendations to "audition" would be more apt in that sense.

What you should do is to instead go and audition monitors for yourself and see which one works for you. Take the CDs that you enjoy listening to the most and head on down to the various dealers' demo rooms and HEAR the monitors for yourself. Or just ask the dealers if they can let you audition the monitors at your place, in the listening environment that you will work in on a daily basis. You maybe surprised by what you hear.

My recommendations for you to "audition" monitors are as follows:

1. ADAM Audio A7s
2. Mackie HR8s

All the very best!

KRKs --> Sinamex
Equator Audio --> Total Solution Marketing (formerly promoted by myself)
MSP5/7 --> Yamaha

yep they are a good start ... if you have a few extra bucks ... and not too fussed about bass phasing and latencies .... you can actually try matching a bass to it using one of those PC gaming types.

this was the @#$%%^ that rocked my demo room formerly lol
http://www.equatoraudio.com/q15.htm

can anyone list me the places where i could go and look for them..most importantly places that allows me to try listen to how the monitors would sound like. cuz i went to the shops at sim lim, the owner of the shop didnt let me try out the monitors. he keep telling me that all the speakers are the same flat response. how can all speakers have the same flat response rite.....

therefore i would appreciate if anyone could name me places where the allow testing before buying.

thx guy!

Hey Dale,

If the dealers don't let you audition the speakers prior to purchase then I would be very wary of purchasing those speakers... 'Cos to me, there is NOTHING like a "flat frequency response"... it is all very subjective to every individual's hearing.

I suggest you do some research by going unto the manufacturer's website and finding out who the distributors are for the products you want to audition. Then, contact the manufacturer and ask them to point you in the right direction for a demo. I know for a fact that the distributors for Genelec (Team 108), ADAM & Mackie (ProAktiv), M-Audio (Sinamex) do have spaces where you could go an audition the speakers. You may want to start there...

Best of luck!

one vote for the nEar 04's - these guys designed and OEM'd the original M-Audio line of speakers, IIRC.

you can audition them at jaben pro audio, level 4 the Adelphi. just right next door to headphone heaven aka jaben network. the jaben pro guys are more than happy to let you crank your reference tracks through their monitors!

edit: you can get the exact address here: www.jaben.net

Thx guys...
so there only Sinamex and Jaben pro audio that allows me to test the sepeakers?
or are there more?

Thx guys...
so there only Sinamex and Jaben pro audio that allows me to test the sepeakers?
or are there more?

buddy give me a call 97663807 ... fostex pm series might be a good call.. audition the mackie mr series at vale-time music or the adams at woodwork.

basically you need to get used to any speakers that you purchase it is a matter of getting use to the speakers character and your ears. budget is also always a concern but manufactures are also very concern about that.

my 2 cents...

chad

Back