Strings have metallic sound

Jayshen

I just changed my strings to Black diamond 40.... but now there is like this metallic sound whenever i play ....
not sure if its cos the strings are new or i am playing it wrongly... or is there some dire problem that is causing it

That's the sound of new strings. It's bright when you first put them on and many bassists get "turned on" with the sound they produce (well, at least I do). It would get duller and duller everytime you play but it won't be fast.

metallic sound shiok what..nice to slap and all but if u dont like it to be too prominent i think what u can do is reduce the highs and lows and increase ur mid range on ur eq or amp settings

Jayshen said:
I just changed my strings to Black diamond 40.... but now there is like this metallic sound whenever i play ....
not sure if its cos the strings are new or i am playing it wrongly... or is there some dire problem that is causing it

tink its the strings...i've tried black diamonds b4 n tts the sound they give u...

yup, the strings are on the brighter side. reminds me of ernie balls slinkies...

if you want less bright sounding... try daddario's prism strings

Back